This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Netting a Corporate Web Community: Industry Sponsorship of the Internet
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
The New Economy is information based and Internet accessed. In 2000, industries recognized this leverage and initiated connectivity programs for their employees. Connectivity programs are equalizing opportunities for employees to enhance their personal potential and learn e-principles.
Employees are discovering lifelong learning, improving work-life integration, and connecting to customers.
Web companies gain efficiencies by sharing engineering designs, supporting build-to-order production schedules and promoting customer satisfaction at new levels. Connectivity packages support corporate hiring and retention objectives.
This article reviews the context of the computer/Internet giveaways, the concepts of global relationships, Net learning and the Industry Internet.
CitationKenrich, J., Van Tiem, D., and Doyle, T., "Netting a Corporate Web Community: Industry Sponsorship of the Internet," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1329, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1329.
- Angel, C. 2000 February 3 All workers may get home PC The Detroit Free Press
- 2000 December 6 http://www.covisint.com/info/about.shtml
- Faden, M. 2000 November 20 Get ready for New Training Push: E-business Informationweek.com 318 326
- Foley, P. 2000 November 6 DCX, GM to provide Internet access to employees with AOL U.S. Auto Scene 1 4
- Ford, W. Jr. 2000 E-Business: Connecting, transforming and growing value Ford Motor Company Annual Report 2000 24
- Gilbert, A. 2000 November 20 E-procurement: Problems behind the promise Informationweek.com 813 49 62
- Hart, D. 2000 December 8 http://www.auto.com/industry/pc8_20001208.html
- Hickman, E. S. 2000 November
- Manring, A. Y. 2000 November 20 Net markets gather B-to-B momentum Informationweek.com 813 79 94
- Mieszkowski, K. 2000 April Web Sight - Let your customers lead Fast Company Magazine 33 179
- Nasser, J. 2000 Ford Motor Company Annual Report, 2000, 4
- Senge, P. 1990 The Fifth Discipline New York, NY Doubleday 226 230
- Sherlund, R. 2000 April Wall Street perspective on B2B PC Magazine 8 210 226
- Vlasic, W. 2000 February 27 U.S. auto industry links on Internet The Detroit Free Press 1A