This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of Exhaust Emissions from DI Diesel Engine During Cold and Warm Start
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
This paper reviews the emissions from direct injection (DI) diesel engine in the initial period of controlled engine operation following start-up. The tests were undertaken in „cold start” mode (temperature of cooling water and lube oil equal to ambient temperature) and „warm start” mode* (after attaining a state of equilibrium). Both results were compared.
CitationBielaczyc, P., Merkisz, J., and Pielecha, J., "Investigation of Exhaust Emissions from DI Diesel Engine During Cold and Warm Start," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1260, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1260.
- AVL Consulting & Information Current and Future Exhaust Emission Legislation Graz 2000
- Bielaczyc, P. Merkisz, J. Cold Start Emissions Investigation at Different Ambient Temperatures Conditions SAE Technical Paper Series 98040
- Bielaczyc, P. Merkisz, J. Exhaust Emissions Performance during Cold Start World Automotive Congres FISITA Paris 1998
- Bielaczyc, P. Merkisz, J. Pielecha, J. Exhaust Emissions from Diesel Engine during Cold Start in Low Temperature Conditions World Automotive Congress FISITA Seoul 2000
- Bielaczyc, P. Merkisz, J. Pielecha, J. Remarks about Exhaust Emissions from Diesel Engine during Warm-up 31 st ISATA Düsseldorf 1998
- Blockwood, A. Tidmarsh, D. Willcock, M. The Effect of an Oxidation Catalyst on Cold Start Diesel Emissions in the First 120 Seconds of Running SAE Technical Paper Series 980193
- Heywood, J.B. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals McGraw-Hill 1988
- Lindl, B. Schmitz, H.-G. Cold Start Equipment for Diesel Direct Injection Engines SAE Technical Paper Series 1999-01-1244
- Pischinger, F.F. The Diesel Engine for Cars - Is There a Future? Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power 120 1998
- Vergore, S. Future of European Emission Regulations. Engine and Environment. Zero or near zero emissions? AVL Graz 1999