This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Dynamic Tyre Model in Multi-body Environment
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
A new Tyre Model suitable for Tyre Dynamic Representation on uneven road and in general high-frequency handling excitations has been developed in a multi-body code. The tyre representation is both empirical and physical: contact forces between contact patch and road are achieved from numerical Pacejka formulation but applied to a physical structure representation instead of to a simple spring-damper element. Such a physical tyre model enables the simulation of the dynamics up to 100 Hz and vibration due to high frequency handling manoeuvre or on uneven road contact excitation. Validations with experimental results are of course included both for tyre tests on suitable testrigs and for full vehicle manoeuvres.
CitationMancosu, F., Savi, C., Brivio, P., Travaglio, G. et al., "New Dynamic Tyre Model in Multi-body Environment," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0747, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0747.
- Pacejka H. B., Bakker E., “The Magic Formula Tyre Model”, 1st International Colloquium on Tyre Models for Vehicle Dynamic Analysis, Delft, The Netherlands, October 21–22, 1991, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 21 supplement, 1993, pp. 1–18
- Pacejka H. B., “The Tyre as a Vehicle Component”, XXVI FISITA Congress, Prague, June 16–23, 1996
- Pacejka H. B., Besselink I. J. M., “Magic Formula Tyre Model with Transient Properties” Vehicle System Dynamics Supplement 27 (1997), pp234–249
- TNO, “MF Tyre User Manual – Version 5.0” July 1996
- Unrau H. J., Zamow J., “TYDEX-Format Description and Reference Manual - Release 1.3”, 1997
- van Oosten J. J. M., Augustin M., Gnadler R., Unrau H.-J., “EC Research Project TIME - Tire Measurements, Forces and Moments - WP 2: Analysis of parameters influencing tyre test results”, VDI-Fortschritt-Berichte, Reihe 12, Nr. 362, 1998
- van Oosten J. J. M.e.a., “TIME, Tire Measurements, Forces and Moments, a new standard for steady state cornering tyre testing”, EAEC Congress, STA99C209, 1999, Barcelona
- Zegelaar Peter, “The dynamic response of tyres to brake torque variations and road unevennesses”, Delft University of Technology, 1998
- Camuffo I., Data S., Krief P. “Vehicle Lateral Dynamics Analysis in Frequency Domain: The Car as a Linear System”, 6th International ATA Congress, Florence, 17–19 November, 1999
- Mancosu F., Matrascia G., Cheli F., “Techniques for Determining the Parameters of a Two-Dimensional Tire Model for the Study of Ride Comfort”, Tire Science and Technology, TSTCA, Vol. 25, No. 3, July–September, 1997, pp. 187–213
- Mancosu F, Da Re D., “Non linear rolling tyre model for dynamic simulations”, ISATA paper No 99SI052, 1999
- Mancosu F, Da Re D., Savi C., “Pirelli Activities on Dynamic Analysis in ADAMS Including Tyres”, 1999 Adams Conference - Berlin, 17–18 November 1999
- Mancosu F, Savi C., ”P-Virtual System for the development of tyres in Co-Design with car manufacturers”, ATA Congress, Como, 23–24 March, 2000
- Mancosu F., Savi C., “New Methodology for Tyre Handling Characterisation”, 3. Darmstaedter Reifenkolloquium, Darmstadt, 19. October, 2000-11-08
- Mancosu F., Savi C., “Vehicle Sensitivity to Tyre Characteristics both in Open and Closed Loop Manoeuvres”, 2000 ADAMS User Conference, Rome, 15–16 November, 2000