This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stationary Model to Predict Performance of the Car Air Conditioning System Using Only Standard Components Data
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
A stationary model of a car air conditioning system was developed to evaluate refrigerant, mechanical power and all the fluid properties along the circuit. The model requires only the characteristics of the constituents, which are normally available from suppliers.
This approach enables estimation of system performance with satisfactory accuracy, already during the design approach, and allows to determine the most appropriate components in order to meet target requirements with a satisfactory balance of the refrigerant circuit.
CitationMelisurgo, V., "Stationary Model to Predict Performance of the Car Air Conditioning System Using Only Standard Components Data," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0589, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0589.
- ASHRAE HANDBOOK HVAC System and Equipment
- Lee G.H. Hoo J.Y. performance analysis and simulation of automobile air condition system Int. J. Ref. 23 2000 243 254
- Melisurgo V. Stationary Model for automotive A/C System 1998
- Mola S. Melisurgo V. A/C Clima: bench validation 1999
- Webb R. L. Jung S.H. Air side performance of enhanced brazed aluminum heat exchangers Ashrae Tr. 1992 98 2 391 401
- Chang Y.J. Wang C Chang W.J. Heat transfer and flow characteristics of automotive brazed aluminum heat exchangers ASHRAE Tr. 100 2 643 652