This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advances in Automatic Transmission Cleanliness
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
This paper presents the rationale and underlying logic for automatic transmission filtration contaminant control (ATFCC). This approach relies upon an integrated filtration system as opposed to simply sandwiching in a piece of filter media or metal screen in the traditional transmission oil sump area. Most significantly, quantitative filtration system design and specification will result from implementation of a thorough ATFCC approach.
A new transmission filter test procedure is also presented which closely represents the field operation of these types of filters. Test results are presented which compare the new test procedures results' with more traditional Multipass Filter test results.
|Technical Paper||Optimizing Automatic Transmission Filtration|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Automatic Transmission Intake Filter Test Procedure|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Dual-Clutch Transmission System for ATVs|
CitationEleftherakis, J., Khalil, A., Parnell, D., Bill, P. et al., "Advances in Automatic Transmission Cleanliness," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0372, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0372.
- Eleftherakis, John G. Khalil Ibrahim “ Development of a Laboratory Test Contaminant for Transmissions ,” SAE Paper 900561 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1990
- Eleftherakis, John G. “ Determining Valve Contaminant Sensitivity Effect Using Two Contaminants ,” SAE Paper 910960 , Selected for 1991 SAE Transactions and the SAE Teetor Award Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1991
- Eleftherakis, John G. Khalil Ibrahim “ Optimizing Automatic Transmission Filtration,” SAE Paper 1999-01-0004 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1999
- SAE J2312 Automatic Transmission Intake Filter Test Procedure , Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA
- Hydraulic Fluid Power - Calibration of Automatic Particle Counters for Liquids , International Organization for Standardization Stockholm, Sweden 1999
- Hydraulic Fluid Power - Fluids - Method for Coding Level of Contaminations by Solid Particles , International Organization for Standardization Stockholm, Sweden 1999
- Hydraulic Fluid Power Filters -- Multipass Method -- for Evaluating Filtration Performance of a Filter Element International Organization for Standardization Stockholm, Sweden 1999