This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integration of a Structuring Concept for Vehicle Control Systems into the Software Development Process using UML Modelling Methods
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
The demand for more security, economy, and comfort as well as for a reduced environmental impact increases the importance of electronic components for vehicles. The development of such systems is determined by the requirement of an improved functionality and co-requisite the demand for limited costs. In order to fulfil these demands and taking into consideration the increase of complexity and the melting together to a car wide web, Bosch is developing a structuring concept called CARTRONIC®. This concept is supposed to be open and neutral regarding automotive manufactures and suppliers.
The analysis of vehicle control systems via this method is based on formal rules for structuring and modelling. The function-related aspect of CARTRONIC® was represented already at the SAE'98 World Congress. Furthermore the safety-related feature was introduced in more detail at the SAE'99 World Congress.
The result of the analysis is an object structure of logical components with defined interfaces. The mapping of these structure in the object oriented Unified Modelling Language (UML) completes the analysis phase of the software development. Thereby also dynamic aspects are considered. To reduce time and costs of the product development a continuous automated computer aided development process will be necessary.
The paper describes the process summarised above using an example out of a global view of the powertrain functionalities.
|Power Modules and Inverter Evaluation for GM Electrification Architectures
|Cost Efficient Integration for Decentralized Automotive ECU
|Managing Product Development throughFeature Modeling
CitationFlores, P., Lapp, A., Hermsen, W., Schirmer, J. et al., "Integration of a Structuring Concept for Vehicle Control Systems into the Software Development Process using UML Modelling Methods," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0066, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0066.
- Bertram T. , Bitzer R. , Mayer R. Volkart A. . 1998 CARTRONIC - An open architecture for networking the control systems of an automobile SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit/Michigan U.S.A. SAE 98200 1 9
- Bertram T. , Dominke P. Müller B. 1999 The safety-related aspect of CARTRONIC SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit/Michigan U.S.A. SAE 1999-01-0488 1 16
- Booch G. 1994 Object-Oriented Analysis and Design 2 Redwood City, CF Benjamin/Cunnings
- Booch G. , Rumbaugh J. Jacobson I. 1999 The Unified Modelling Language User Guide Addison-Wesley Reading/Massachusetts. U.S.A.
- Hermsen W. Neumann K. J. . 2000 Application of the Object-Oriented Modeling Concept OMOS for Signal Conditioning of Vehicle Control Units SAE International Congress and Exposition Detroit/Michigan U.S.A. SAE 2000-01-0717
- Hülser H. , Benninger K. , Gerhardt J. Glas H. J. . 1998 CARTRONIC - The Ordering Concept for Flexible Configuration of Electronic Vehicle Subsystems AVL-Congress “Engine and Environment” Graz, Austria
- Jacobson I. , Christerson M. , Jonsson P. Övergaard G. . 1992 Object-Oriented Software Engineering: A Use Case Driven Approach Workingham Addison Wesley
- Oesterreich B. . 1998 Objektorientierte Softwareentwicklung Oldenbourg. München. Germany
- Object Management Group (OMG) 1998 Unified Modelling Language V1.2 (Definition der UML) OMG Headquarters 1998 http://www.omg.org
- Rational Software Corporation . 1998 Unified Modelling Language - UML - Notation Guide version 1.1 Rational Software Corporation Santa Clara, USA
- Rumbaugh J. , Blaha M. , Premerlani W. , Eddy F. Lorenson W. 1991 Object-Oriented Modelling and Design Prentice Hall Englewood Cliffs. U.S.A
- Schach S.R. . 1992 Practical Software Engineering Homewood, Illinois, U.S.A. Richard D. Irwin/Aksen Associates