This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Connecting Simulink to OSEK: Automatic Code Generation for Real-Time Operating Systems with TargetLink
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
This paper describes how one further step towards integrating the complete software development process of embedded real-time systems in Simulink and Stateflow is achieved. Automatic code generation in production quality is already possible with dSPACE's TargetLink. The next step is true integration of real-time operating systems into the code generation process. The OSEK standard is applied for this purpose and briefly described at the beginning. The article then focuses on concepts and techniques used by TargetLink to achieve OSEK-compliant code generation. It is shown, how operating system functions and properties are specified on a block diagram level, how code of different sample rates is bundled into different tasks, how tasks can communicate among each other and how all this can be simulated on a target system. The paper also gives striking evidence of how powerful standards can boost tool development and how they can help integrate different tool systems, which had been completely separated before.
CitationKöster, L., Thomsen, T., and Stracke, R., "Connecting Simulink to OSEK: Automatic Code Generation for Real-Time Operating Systems with TargetLink," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0024, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0024.
- OSEK/VDX Operating System May 2000
- OSEK/VDX System Generation OIL: OSEK Implementation Language July 2000
- OSEK/VDX Communication September 2000
- TargetLink Production Code Generation Guide dSPACE GmbH Paderborn Germany May 2000
- Simulink User's Guide The MathWorks Nattick, MA USA 1999
- Hanselmann H. Kiffmeier U. Köster L. Meyer M. “Automatic Generation of Production Quality Code for ECUs” SAE 99 March 1-4 Detroit