This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CamLaster ™-A New Drum Brake for North America
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 04, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new foundation brake, the CamLaster ™, is being introduced into the North American heavy truck market. This new product is one of the first new drum brake designs in over 20 years. It promises to address many of the trucking industries major concerns for improved reliability, ease of maintenance and long service life. The product was a joint development of Freightliner and ArvinMeritor. The brake took over 6 years to develop and bring to market. Multiple design groups in North America and Europe were involved in the development. This paper discusses the engineering program from market research to production.
|Technical Paper||Full ABS with Tandem Control for Freightliner Trucks|
|Technical Paper||Electronically Controlled Steering Systems for Line Haul Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Heavy Truck Engine Retarders: Testing and Theory|
CitationUrban, J., Moore, A., and MacMenemy, T., "CamLaster ™-A New Drum Brake for North America," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3508, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-3508.
- “Commercial Vehicle Braking Systems: Air Brakes, ABS and Beyond” Buckman Lennard C. Meritor Wabco SAE
- “Effects of Shoe Geometry on Heavy Duty Internal Shoe Brake Performance” Stroh G.B. Lawrence M.H. Deible W.T. Eaton, Yale, and Towne SAE 680432
- “Truck Brakes-European Style” Ingram B. Thompson R.E. Lucas Girling SAE 861964
- “The House of Quality” Hauser John R. Clausing Don Harvard Business Review May-June 1988
- “Brake Force Distribution Test Code-Commercial Vehicles” SAE J1505