This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High Performance Advanced Three-way Catalysts For The Proposed 2004 And 2008 Mercosur Emissions Standards
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recently, significantly more demanding emissions standards for the Mercosur region were proposed, and the intention is that these will be introduced in 2004 and 2008. This paper describes the development of new high performance three-way catalyst formulations for conventional gasoline/gasohol fueled engines that enables them to meet these stringent standards without increasing the content of platinum group metals above the levels currently employed. The performance benefits of these advanced platinum and palladium-based catalysts are demonstrated on both engine bench and vehicles.
CitationTwigg, M., Collins, N., Morris, D., Brisley, R. et al., "High Performance Advanced Three-way Catalysts For The Proposed 2004 And 2008 Mercosur Emissions Standards," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3303, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-3303.
- Hepburn, J. S. Patel, K. S. Meneghel, M. G. Gandhi, H. S Engelhard TWC Dev. Team Johnson Matthey TWC Dev. Team “Development of Pd-only Three Way Catalyst Technology” SAE 941058 1994
- Brisley, R. J. Chandler, G. R. Jones, H. R. Andersen, P. J. Shady, P. J. “The Use of Palladium in Advanced Catalysts” SAE 950259 1995
- Hu, Z. Heck, R. M. “High Temperature Ultra Stable Close-Coupled Catalysts” SAE 950254 1995
- Cowley, A. Platinum 1998 Johnson Matthey May 1998
- Collins, N. R. Chandler, G. R. Brisley, R. J. Andersen, P. J. Shady, P. J. Roth, S. A. “Catalyst Improvements to Meet European Stage III and ULEV Emissions Criteria” SAE 960799 1996
- Andersen, P. J. Ballinger, T. H. “Improvements in Pd:Rh and Pt:Rh Three Way Catalysts” SAE 990308 1999
- Brisley, R. J. Collins, N. R. French, A. C. Morris, D. Twigg, M. V. “Development of Advanced Platinum-Rhodium Catalyst for Future Emissions Requirements” SAE 1999-01-3627 2000