This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Pre-Heated Ethanol Direct Injection Under Low Pressures to Otto Type Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The present work intends to approach the use of pre-heated ethanol direct injection through Otto type engine cylinders during the compression of air and under low pressures (600 kPa). A system of direct injection was developed and incorporated to the engine, which was submitted to tests. Results revealed that the partial fuel vaporization during the isoentalpic expansion process which happened in the nozzle during the fuel injection was responsible for a significant decrease in specific consumption and an increase of the engine's thermal efficiency in comparison to the same engine using carburetor or cold ethanol direct injection (at room temperature). It was still verified that cold start problems were completely eliminated.
- Leônidas Hildebrand - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - Universidade de São Paulo
- Marcelo Valente Feitosa - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - Universidade de São Paulo
- Márcio Turra Ávila - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - Universidade de São Paulo
- Alexandre Edgard Trinhain - Escola Politécnica - Universidade de São Paulo
CitationHildebrand, L., Feitosa, M., Ávila, M., and Trinhain, A., "Pre-Heated Ethanol Direct Injection Under Low Pressures to Otto Type Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3193, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-3193.
- Hildebrand L. Jr.,, “Análise do Desempenho de um Motor do Ciclo Otto com Injeção Direta de Álcool Etílico Hidratado Pré-Aquecido”, Doctoral Tesis, Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos, Universidade de São Paulo, Brasil, 1998.
- Feitosa, M. V., Hildebrand L. Jr.,, Ávila, M.T., Santos, A.M., “Influence of Choke Use on Fuel Vaporization Inside the Intake Manifold of Ethanol and Ethanol-Gasoline Blend Fueled Engines During Cold Start”, XV Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Mecânica, code AAAGEI, äguas de Lindóia, São Paulo, Brasil, 1999.
- Feitosa, M.V., “Estudo da Partida a Frio em Motores Movidos a Etanol”, Master Dissertation, Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos, Universidade de São Paulo, Brasil, 1998.