This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation Aided Process for Developing Powertrains
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For the development of complex control algorithms and strategies the engine and powertrain test bed offers a number of advantages over the development in the prototype vehicle. The paper discusses how state-of-the-art simulation techniques can contribute to a continuous development process, which is based upon offline simulation using hardware in the loop, the utilization of modern test bed technology up to vehicle adjustment. The integration of hardware-in-the-loop testing together with vehicle and transmission simulation on the testbed allows to speed up the optimization of fuel consumption, emissions and driveability in an early stage in the development process. The available software tools are presented and application examples are given.
CitationLang, T. and Schyr, C., "Simulation Aided Process for Developing Powertrains," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3161, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-3161.
- Moser, F.; Kriegler, W.; Zrim, A.: Powertrain Optimization by Means of Simulation Tools, ATZ Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift, November 1999.
- Hasewend, W.; Herster, P.: Simulation of Vehicle Driving Performance, Fuel Consumption and Emissions. 31st ISATA, 2nd - 5th June, 1998, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Gallacher, A.; Gschweitl, K.: Automated Dynamic Powertrain Calibration. Autotest ‘96’, Barcelona 7/1996.
- Kampelmühler, F.; Paulitsch, R.; Gschweitl, K.: Automatic ECU Calibration - An Alternative to Conventional Methods. SAE Congress Detroit 3/1992.
- List, H.; Schoeggl, P.: Objective Evaluation of Vehicle Driveability. SAE 980204, Detroit, 1998.
- Zuber-Goos, F.: The BMW Research Test Bed for New Powertrain Concepts and its Requirements on the Simulation Technology, VDI Congress, Aachen Germany, September 1999.
- Schyr, C.: Advanced Simulation on the Testbed, JSAE Spring Convention, Yokohama Japan, May 1999.
- Juergens, G.; Gross, T.; Germann, S.; Abler, G.; Schyr, C.: CVT Simulation on the Dynamic Engine Test Bed, ATZ Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift, July 2000.