This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical and Experimental Analysis of Shafts - Applied to a Mini Baja Prototype Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work presents the comparison of computer predictions with experimental measurements of the rear solid axle suspension (ideal to the off-road vehicles) of a mini baja prototype. The dynamic analysis consisted in finding the first natural frequencies and critical velocities of the shaft. The constants necessary for the numeric and experimental analysis, such as stiffness of the tires, equivalent spring constant of the whole rear suspension and mass of the components were obtained experimentally. Piezoelectric accelerometers were used to measure dynamic response of the system. The numeric analysis was made using the transfer matrix method. By comparing the experimental results with those obtained by the transfer matrix method, the validity of this analytical approach is confirmed.
Citationde Á. Martins, E., Laranja, R., Cervieri, A., and Tamagna, A., "Numerical and Experimental Analysis of Shafts - Applied to a Mini Baja Prototype Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3160, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-3160.
- Pestel, E. C., Leckie, F. A.,1963 “Matrix Methods in Elastomechanics”, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Bendat, J.S., Piersol, A. G., 1971 “Random Dates: Analysis and Measurement Procedures”, Wiley-Interscience, New York.
- Thomson, W. T., 1978 “Teoria da Vibração com Aplicações”, Interciência, Rio de Janeiro.
- Rao, J. S., 1983 “Rotor Dinamics”, Wiley Eastern, New Delhi,, pp 224.
- Beer, F. P., Johnston E. R. Jr,, 1991, Mecânica Vetorial para Engenheiros - Estática”, Makron Books, São Paulo, pp. 604 - 707.
- Coutinho,L. F., 1994 “Análise de vibrações por flexão de semi-eixos homocinéticos”. Dissertação, M. Eng., PROMEC-UFRGS.
- Rao, S. S., 1995 “Mechanical Vibrations”, Addison-Wesley, New York.
- Matos, D. F., 1997 “Matriz de Transferência na Análise Dinâmica de Eixos Elásticos considerando o Efeito Giroscópico”. Dissertação, M. Eng., PROMEC-UFRGS.
- Vance, J. M.,1988, “Rotordynamics of Turbomachinery”, JohnWiley & Sons, New York.