This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Trap Mechanism of Ceramic Foam
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A three-dimension physical model of ceramic foam and a gas/solid two-phase flow model are established, in which the diesel particulate diffusion trapping and inertia collision trapping are concerned. The gas/solid flow in the three-dimension model is simulated. The diffusion trapping efficiency and inertia collision trapping efficiency are calculated under different gas flow velocities, particulate sizes and ceramic foam parameters using the numerical model. The research results deepen the understanding of trap mechanism of ceramic foam and provide the scientific basis for selecting ceramic foam parameters and designing a particulate trap that uses ceramic foam.
- Zi Xinyun - National Key Laboratory of Automotive Safety & Energy, Tsinghua Univ.
- Ning Zhi - School of Mechanical and Electric, Northern Jiaotong Univ.
- Zhang Chunrun - Engineering College of Transportation
- He Yu - Engineering College of Transportation
- Li Shumin - Engineering College of Transportation
CitationXinyun, Z., Zhi, N., Chunrun, Z., Yu, H. et al., "A Study on Trap Mechanism of Ceramic Foam
- Chunrun Zhang, Xinyun Zi, “Studies on the Application of Microwave Heating Technology to Diesel Exhaust Particulate Control”, ICICE'97, 1997.
- Zhouchang Liu, “The Filtration Mechanism and the Grade Filtration efficiency of Diesel Ceramic Foam Trap”, Transaction of Internal Combustion Engine, in Chinese, 1987, No.2.
- Buxuan Wang, “Convective Heat Transfer and Mass Tranfer in the porous Medium”, Transaction of Xian Jiaotong University, in Chinese, 1994, No.5.
- Zishi Wang, “A Micro Theory Model of Deep Bed Trap”, Transaction of Tsinghua University, in Chinese, 1988,No.6.
- OGAWA MEI, “Separation Technology of Particle from Gas Stream”, Press of Chemistry Industry, China, 1991.
- Shaoming Cheng, “Foundation Theory and Application of Dust Catcher”, Press Architecture Industry, 1980.6.