This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Ion Current Based Peak-Finding Algorithm for Pressure Peak Position Estimation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper a novel ion current based estimation scheme for the in-cylinder pressure peak position (PPP) is proposed. A reliable estimate is constructed by appropriate signal processing based on local curvatures of the post flame phase of the ion current. The peak-finding algorithm is simple and easy to implement in an engine control unit for feedback control of the combustion phasing. Results on real data, sampled onboard a commercial car are presented. Further, the performance of the algorithm is compared to two state of the art algorithms for PPP estimation from the ion current. The comparison shows that the algorithm presented in this paper outperforms its competitors1.
|Technical Paper||A Comparison of Ion Current Based Algorithms for Peak Pressure Position Control|
|Technical Paper||Power Integrated Circuits for Electronic Engine Control|
|Technical Paper||Mechanical Cushion Design Influence on Cylinder Dynamics|
CitationHellring, M. and Holmberg, U., "An Ion Current Based Peak-Finding Algorithm for Pressure Peak Position Estimation," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2829, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2829.
- Glaser, I. Powell J. D. 1981 Optimal Closed-loop Spark Control of an Automotive Engine SAE Technical Paper 810058 Society of Automotive Engineers
- Hubbard, M. Dobson, P.D. Powell, J.D. 1976 Closed Loop Control of Spark Advance using a Cylinder Pressure Sensor (ASME) Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control December 414 420
- Eriksson, L. 1999 Spark Advance Modeling and Control Linköping University Linköping Studies in Science and Technology No. 580
- Hellring, M. Rögnvaldsson, T. Wickström N. 2000 Ion Current Based Pressure Peak Detection Under Different Air Humidity Conditions Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications 2000 138
- Hellring, M. Munther, M. Rögnvaldsson, T. Wickström N. 1999 Spark Advance Control using the Ion Current and Neural Soft Sensors SAE Technical Paper 991162 Society of Automotive Engineers
- Saitzkoff, A. Reinmann, R. Berglind, T. Glavmo, M 1996 An ionization equilibrium analysis of the spark plug as an ionization sensor SAE Technical paper 960337 Society of Automotive Engineers
- Saitzkoff, A. Reinmann, R. Mauss, F. Glavmo, M 1997 In-Cylinder Pressure Measurements Using the Spark Plug as an Ionization Sensor SAE Technical Paper 970857 Society of Automotive Engineers