This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Control Using Intake, Combustion and Inertia Models
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The combination of physical models of an advanced engine control system was proposed to obtain sophisticated combustion control in ultra-lean combustion engines, including homogeneous compression-ignition and activated radical combustion. Physical models of intake, combustion (including engine thermodynamics), and inertia were incorporated, in which the effects of residual gas from prior cycles on intake air mass and combustion were taken into consideration. Control of the in-cylinder air/fuel ratio, exhaust temperature and engine speed during start and post-start phases was investigated using simulations.
CitationOhyama, Y., "Engine Control Using Intake, Combustion and Inertia Models," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2806, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2806.
- Ohyama Y., Engine Control Using Combustion Model, SAE Paper 2000-01-0198, SAE 2000 World Congress, Detroit, Michigan, March 6-9, 2000
- Ohyama Y., Engine Control Using Combustion Model, Global Powertrain Congress '99, Stuttgart, Germany, October 5-7, 1999
- Ohyama Y., Air/Fuel Ratio Control Using Upstream Models in the Intake System, SAE Paper 1999-01-0857, International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, MI, March 1-4, 1999
- Ohyama Y., Control by In-Cylinder Air Mass Estimation, SAE Electronic Controls TOPTEC with an OBD Update, Turin, Italy, Sept. 7-9, 1998
- Ohyama Y., Engine Control by Using Data Fusion, European Automotive Congress, Barcelona, Spain, June 30- July 2, 1999
- Ohyama Y., Ohsuga M., Air/Fuel Ratio Control Using Air Flow Meter, The 15th Internal Combustion Engine Symposium, Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, INC., Seoul, June 14-16, 1999
- Ohyama Y., Generalized Control Algorithms for a High Supercharged Direct Injection Stratified Charge Engine, FISITA Paper F98T590, 1998 FISITA World Automotive Congress, Paris, Sept. 27- Oct. 1, 1998
- Engine Cold-start Testing, Automotive Engineering International, March 2000, P 162-166