This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Springback Prediction Using Combined Hardening Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 03, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The main objective of this paper is to simulate the springback using combined kinematic/isotropic hardening model. Material parameters in the hardening model are identified by an inverse method.
Three-point bending test is conducted on 6022-T4 aluminum sheet. Punch stroke, punch load, bending strain and bending angle are measured directly during the tests. Bending moments are then computed from these measured data. Bending moments are also calculated based on a constitutive model. Material parameters are identified by minimizing the normalized error between two bending moments. Micro genetic algorithm is used in the optimization procedure. Stress-strain curves is generated with the material parameters found in this way, which can be used with other plastic models.
ABAQUS/Standard 5.8, which has the combined isotropic/kinematic hardening model, is used to simulate draw-bend of 6022-T4 series aluminum sheet. Absolute springback angles are predicted very accurately.
CitationZhao, K. and Lee, J., "Springback Prediction Using Combined Hardening Model," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2659, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2659.
SAE 2000 Transactions Journal of Materials & Manufacturing
Number: V109-5; Published: 2001-09-15
Number: V109-5; Published: 2001-09-15
- Amadieu, O. Parisot, C. Advanced Genetic Algorithms in Fortran 90 1997
- Models for Metals Subjected to Cyclic Loading ABAQUS Theory Manual Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc. 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 1998
- Balakrishnan, V. Measurement of In-Plane Bauschinger Effect in Sheet Metals The Ohio State University 1999
- Carden, W. D. Springback after Drawing and Bending of Metal Sheets The Ohio State University 1997
- Carden, W. P. Analysis of Springback in Draw-Bend Forming The Ohio State University 1997
- Davis, L. Handbook of Genetic Algorithms Von Nostrand Reinhold New York 1991
- Geng, L. Current Graduate Research The Ohio State University 1999
- Goldberg, D. E. Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc. 1989
- Hill, R. Theoretical Plasticity of Textured Aggregates Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society 85 179 191 1979
- Hosford, W. F. Comments on Anisotropic Yield Criteria International Journal of Mechanical Science 27 423 27 1985
- Jiang, S. Springback Investigations The Ohio State University 1997
- Kuwabara, T. Morita, Y. Miyashita, Y. Takahashi, S. Elastic-Plastic Behavior of Sheet Metal Subjected to In-plane Reverse Loading Proceedings of Plasticity'95: Dynamic Plasticity and Structural Behaviors Gordon and breach Publishers 841 844 1995
- Lemaitre, J. Chaboche, J.-L. Mechanics of Solid Materials Cambridge University Press 161 241 1990
- Li, Kaiping Wagoner, R.H. Simulation of Springback Simulation of Materials Processing: Theory, Methods and Applications, NUMIFORM'98 Huetink Baaijens Enschede, Netherlands June 22-25 21 31 1998
- Logan, R. W. Hosford Put the Title Here International Journal of Mechanical Science 85 129 134 1980
- Mattiasson, A. Strange, P. Thilderkvist, A. Samuelsson Simulation of Springback in Sheet Metal Forming 5 th International Conference on Numerical Methods in Industrial Forming Process New York 115 124 1995
- Mickalich, M.K. Wenner, M.L. Calculation of Springback and its Variation in Channel Forming Operations Symposium Proceedings, Society of Automotive Engineers Meeting March 3 1998
- Pourboghrat, F. Chandorkar, K Springback Calculation for Plane Strain Sheet Forming Using Finite Element Membrane Solution Numerical Methods for Simulation of Industrial Metal Forming Process ASME 5 156 85 93 1992
- Shen, Y. Simple/Reverse Bend Test for Measurement of Bauschinger Effect in Sheet Materials The Ohio State University 1999
- Tang, S.C. Application of an Anisotropic Hardening Rule to Springback Prediction Advanced Technology of Plasticity 719 722 1996
- Vallance, D.W. Matlock, D.K. Application of the Bending-Under-Tension Friction Test to Coated Sheet Steels Journal of Material Engineering and Performance 1 5 685 693 1992
- Wenner, M.L. On Work Hardening and Springback in Plane Strain Draw Forming J. Applied Metal Working 2 4 1983
- Wenzloff, G.J. Hylton, C.H. Matlock, D.K. A New Procedure for the Bedning Under Tension Friction Test Journal of Material Engineering and Performance 1 5 609 613 1992
- Zhang Lee, D. Effect of Process Variables and Material Properties on the Springback Behavior of 2-D Draw Bending Parts Automotive Stamping Technology 11 18 1995
- Zhang, Z.T. Hu, S.J. Stress and Residual Stress Distributions in Plane Strain Bending International Journal of Mechanical Science 40 6 533 543 1998
- Zhao, K.M. Cyclic Stress-Strain Curve and Springback Simulation The Ohio State University 1999
- Zhao, K.M. Lee, J.K. On Simulation of Bending/Reverse Bending of Sheet Metals Proceedings of International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition Nashville, Tennessee, USA Nov 14-19 1999