This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Stamping Simulation Technology: Industrial Perspectives for the New Millennium
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 03, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Sheet metal forming and die development is undergoing a significant transition from a tryout-based business to a technology driven operation and science-based engineering. The state of the business in stamping simulation technology and its applications in sheet forming industry are reviewed. The limitations of current technology and the challenges for future fundamental research and software development are discussed as well. Finally, an industrial prospect to advanced stamping simulation technology for the new Millennium is presented.
CitationWang, C., "Advanced Stamping Simulation Technology: Industrial Perspectives for the New Millennium," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2656, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2656.
- Wang Chuantao 1999 Advanced Stamping Technology: The State of the Business and The Industrial Prospects for the Next Century The 4 th International Conference on Numerical Simulations of 3D Sheet Forming Processes Besancon France Sept. 13-17
- Wang Chuantao 1997 The impacts of sheet metal stamping simulation technology on GM die engineering and production stamping The 1st GM NAO CAE Conference Pontiac, MI, USA May 1997
- Wang Chuantao 1998 Advanced stamping simulations of line die forming - the production needs and technological challenges the 1st GM CAE Conference Pontiac, MI, USA June 1998
- Zhang Jimmy Terenzi Anthony Wang Chuan-Tao 1999 Comparisons between one-step (QuickStamp) and incremental (PamStamp) FEM simulations for draw die developments Ameri-PAM-99 Conference Farmington, MI, USA November 2-3 1999
- Stoughton Tom 1998 Stress-based forming limit concept, the 1st GM CAE Conference Pontiac, MI, USA June 1998
- Clinckemaillie Jan 1997 Experience with MMP on the simulation of large models PAM-96 Conference Strasbourg, Germany Nov. 21-22 1996