This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High Performances & Low Noise Fans for Cooling Systems of OHV, Trains & Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Our organization has developed since 1992 a numerical model in order to compute fan performances. As we have observed lack of noise efficient prediction tool, we have aimed to an integrated model, which enable us to fully optimize fans, pressure and noise wise.
This paper show some examples of our model optimization features.
Our numerical model compute noise versus mass flow as well than pressure versus mass flow.
This model is valid for axial as well as for centrifugal or mixed flow fans and fans for auto cooled traction motors (clock wise and anti-clock wise rotation).
Thank to our model and our expertise, we have developed ultra low noise fans for a lot of applications. Some of which are described in the paper.
An important point is that the fans we develop are interesting for energy efficiency; and so, money savings are possible as well in energy consumption than in drive installed power requirement.
|Technical Paper||Noise and Efficiency of Axial-Flow Fans|
|Technical Paper||Cooling Fans of Air-Cooled DEUTZ Diesel Engines and their Noise Generation|
|Technical Paper||Compact High-Efficiency Blower Fan for HVAC|
CitationSardou, M. and Djomseu, P., "High Performances & Low Noise Fans for Cooling Systems of OHV, Trains & Cars," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2579, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2579.
- « Acoustique industrielle et environnement », Lienard, Eyrolles (source of Fig. 9 and Fig. 11).
- « La révolution des ventilateurs à faible niveau sonore », SARDOU Max, WILLAIME Alain, SIA N° 960920.
- « Optimisation aéroacoustique des ventilateurs et du circuit de refroidissement de l'automoteur X72500 », WILLAIME Alain, RGCF 00353183/99/7-8, Elsevier, Paris.
- « Aérodynamique expérimentale », REBUFFET, Polytechnique, Ch. Beranger N° 1428, 1962.
- « Axial flow fans and ducts », KRIEGER Wallis, ISBN0894646443/1993.