This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hydraulic Fluid Qualification: An Overview of Critical Considerations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
There are numerous fluid-related performance concerns when hydraulic fluids are being qualified for use. These concerns are especially important when non-mineral oil derived hydraulic fluids are being qualified for use in unusual and critical applications. In this paper, a number of performance-related fluid deficiencies that may be encountered in use will be described.
|Technical Paper||Assessment of the Eaton (Vickers) V-104C Vane Pump as an Anttiwear Lubrication Tester|
|Technical Paper||Hydraulic System Cavitation: A Review|
|Technical Paper||Development of a High Oleic Soybean Oil-Based Hydraulic Fluid|
CitationNätscher, J., Totten, G., Bishop, R., and Ashraf, A., "Hydraulic Fluid Qualification: An Overview of Critical Considerations," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2541, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2541.
- Totten G.E. Sun Y. “Water-Glycol Hydraulic Fluids” Handbook of Hydraulic Fluid Technology Totten G.E. 2000 Marcel Dekker Inc. New York, NY 917 982
- Bishop R.J. Totten G.E. “Water-Glycol Hydraulic Fluids: Conversion and troubleshooting of Mineral Oil Hydraulic Systems” SAE Technical Paper Series, Technical Paper Number 2000-01-2589
- Totten G.E. Webster G. M. Bishop R.J. Jr. Sloan W.E. “Anhydrous Polyalkylene Glycol Hydraulic Fluids” SAE Sechnical Paper Series, Paper Number 2000-01-2557 2000
- “Schwerentflammbare Hydraulikflüssigkelten (Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluids)” Brochure Number AN-597 Mannesmann Rexroth AG, Rexroth Hydraulics Jahnstrasse 3-5, D-97816 Lohr a. Main, Germany
- “Technical Conference: Hydraulics in Steel Hydraulics Structures” Brochure Number RD 00 494-02/10.97 Mannesmann Rexroth AG, Rexroth Hydraulics Jahnstrasse 3-5, D-97816 Lohr a. Main, Germany
- Brüser P. Smolong M. “Wear Studies of Aluminum and Bronze Alloys when Lubricated with Polyglycols” Anstrebstechnik 1988 27 2 52 56
- Gere R.A. Hazelton T.V. “Polol Ester Fluids” Handbook of Hydraulic Fluid Technology Totten G.E. 2000 Marcel Dekker Inc. New York, NY 917 982
- ISO/DIS 15380 “Lubricants, industrial oils and related products (class L) - Family H (Hydraulic systems) - Specifications for categories HETG, HEPG, HEES and HEPR International Standards, Organization Geneva, Switzerland
- “Hydraulic Fluids in Metallurgical Plants and Rolling Mills” Brochure Number RE 00 252/09.94 Mannesmann Rexroth AG, Rexroth Hydraulics Jahnstrasse 3-5, D- 97816 Lohr a. Main, Germany