This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation Model of Crew for Operation Research of Integrative Life Support Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 10, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper reviews a Crew Simulation Model (CSM) for Space Vehicle Integrative Life Support System (ILSS) operation study. It is designed to simulate crew metabolic reaction mass and energy flows in accelerated time mode with each crew member specifics consideration.
This CSM formally is based on human body general simulation, which includes main functional systems like: the cardiac-vascular, external respiration, thermal regulation and water/mineral balance. Work and rest time schedules are also considered as well as each crew member presence in a particular module. The CSM considers trace contaminants in metabolic products due to nutrition and environment temperature.
This simulations' formal review is shown in the paper as well as formal implementation with computed experiment results. Some of the possible applications are also approached.
CitationSamsonov, N., Kurmazenko, E., Farafonov, N., Dokunin, I. et al., "Simulation Model of Crew for Operation Research of Integrative Life Support Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2368, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2368.
- Amosov, N.M. Palets B.L. physiological systems theoretical study. Mathematical modeling Kiev, Naukova Dumka 1977
- Kofson, S.A. Uider E.P. Human body water balance and processes simulation // Biological systems analysis and simulation Ì., Nauka 1970
- Gagge, A.P. Stolvijk, J.A.J Nishi Y. The prediction of thermal control when thermal equilibrium is maintained by sweating ASHRAE Transactions 1969 75
- Shumakov V.I. Novoseltseva V.I. Human body physiological system simulation Moscow, Medicine 1971
- Kurmazenko, E.A. Dokunin, I.V. Matjushev, T.V. Soloshenko N.V. A Detailed Simulation Model of Thermoregulation System of Human Organism Proc. 6 th Europ. Symp. on SECS 1997
- Goudarzi, S. Ting K.C. Top Level Modeling of Crew Component of ALSS SAE Techn. Ser. Paper, 1999, # 1999-01-2042
- Kurmazenko, E.A. Fomichev, A.A. Dokunin, I.V. Matjushev, T.V. Soloshenko N.V. A Complex Simulation Model of Human Organism as a Link of the Space Vehicle Ecological and Technical System Thermoregulation System of Human Organism SAE Techn. Ser., 1995, # 951531
- Leonard, J.I. Leach, C.S. Rambaut P.C. Quantitation of fissue loss during prolonged space flight Amer. J. Clin. Nutrit. 1983 38
- Savina, V.P. Kuznetsova T.I. Trace contaminant sources and their toxicological evaluaiton // Space Biology Ò. 42, Moscow, Nauka 1980
- Crew environment Standard R50804-95, Moscow, Standards 1995