This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Forging the Chain – Considerations for Developing a Supply Chain Strategy
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Logistics, information exchange, and people all influence the capability and contribution to profits of the supply chain. Understanding how to analyze the current state, and set a strategy to achieve the desired end state is critical to success in the market place.
This paper will focus primarily on the acquisition of components for a manufacturing/assembly operation. However, the principles and processes described can be applied to other segments of the chain, such as from the manufacturer to the customer, or to other components of manufacturing such as maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies.
|Technical Paper||C-17 Supply Chain Lean Initiatives|
|Aerospace Standard||Statistical Product Acceptance Requirements Using Continuous Sampling, Skip-Lot Sampling, or Methods for Special Cases|
CitationHadley, M., "Forging the Chain – Considerations for Developing a Supply Chain Strategy," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1757, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1757.
- 1999 APICS International Conference Proceedings Alexandria VA: APICS-The Educational Society for Resource Management
- APICS, The Performance Advantage; APICS – The Educational Society for Resource Management, Alexandria VA.
- APICS Dictionary 9 1988 APICS--The Educational Society for Resource Management, Alexandria, VA
- Brassard, Michael The Memory Jogger Plus+ Methuen, MA, GOAL/QPC 1989
- Goldratt Eliyahu M. Critical Chain Great Barrington MA, The North River Press Publishing Corporation 1997
- Handfield Robert B. Nicholos Ernest L. Jr. Introduction to Supply Chain Management Upper Saddle River NJ Prentice Hall 1999.
- Inbound Logistics Magazine; New York NY
- Laaper Ben H. Procurement Reengineering West Palm Beach FL PT Publications, Inc. 1998
- Managing Automation; Thomas Publishing Co., New York NY
- Manufacturing Systems; Cahners Business Information Highlands Ranch CO
- Pilachowski, Mel. Purchasing Performance Meadurements, A Roadmap for Excellence West Palm Beach FL PT Publications, Inc 1998
- Rother Mike John Shook, Learning to See Value Stream Mapping to Add Value and Eliminate Muda Brookline, MA The Lean Institute, Inc 1998
- Stuckey, M. M. Demass Transforming the Dinosaur Corporation Productivity Press 1993
- World Trade; Business News Publishing Co Troy MI.