This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Aircraft Landing Gear Dynamics Using CATIA, CATDADS, DADS and NASTRAN at Cessna Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 09, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses how CATIA solid models of a landing gear system, combined with a NASTRAN flexible model of the aircraft are simulated using CATDADS and DADS to predict the dynamic response, loads, and general design factors for the aircraft and associated landing gears. Several landing gear design factors are predicted and quantified using DADS and CATDADS to solve the 3D nonlinear equations of motion. Position, velocity, acceleration, and gear loads are analytically determined and used to compare to physical tests. Aircraft loads due to symmetric landing and taxi conditions as well as asymmetric landing conditions are analytically determined using a full flexible aircraft model coupled with the landing gears.
|Technical Paper||Dynamic Response of Landing Gears on Rough Repaired Runway|
|Technical Paper||F-15 Nose Landing Gear Shimmy, Taxi Test and Correlative Analyses|
|Technical Paper||Special Purpose Landing Gear -- A Survey of Historical Designs|
CitationMayer, L., "Simulation of Aircraft Landing Gear Dynamics Using CATIA, CATDADS, DADS and NASTRAN at Cessna Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1699, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1699.
- Haug, E. J. Computer Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems University of Iowa 1989
- Hao-Jan Lai Bernhard Dopker The influence of Lumped Rotary Inertia in Flexible Multibody Dynamics Technical Report R-25, College of Engineering, University of Iowa 1988
- Yoo, W. S. Haug, E. J. Dynamics of Flexible Mechanical Systems using Vibration and Static Correction Modes Technical report University of Iowa May 1985
- Shabana, A. A. Substructure Synthesis Methods for Dynamic Analysis of Multi-body Systems Computer & Structures, Vol 2 737 744 1985
- N. Vukasovic, J.T. Celigüeta, J. Garcia de Jalon Bayo, E. Flexible Multi-body Dynamics Based on a Fully Cartesian System Support Coordinates Proceedings of Dynamics of Flexible Structures in Space Cranfield, U.K 15-18 May 1990
- Marirrodriga, C. Garcia Zeischka J. Boslooper, E. C. Numerical Simulation of Ulysses Nutation Fifth European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium, ESTEC Noordwijk, The Netherlands 28-30 October 1992
- Friberg, O. Karhu, V. Simulation of Deploying Flexible Satellite Booms Using DADS and ABAQUS Department of Structural Mechanics., Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden, copyright 1991
- CATIA Software Manuals - SOLIDE and KINEMAT reference from Dassault Systems 1998
- Smiley Robert F. Walter B. Horne Mechanical Properties of Pneumatic Tires with Special Reference to Modern Aircraft Tires NASA TR-64, Langley Research Center, Langley Field, VA, published 1962
- DADS Software Manuals - Revision 9.0, CADSI published in 1998
- Currey, Norman S. Aircraft Landing Gear Design: Principles and Practices AIAA Education Series Publication copyright 1988