This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Prospective Alternative Energy Vehicles Using Conventional Fuels
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 15, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Current and future emission standards in the USA has provided motivation for development of alternative energy vehicles. Hybrid-electric (HEV), fuel cell (FCV) and electric vehicles (EV) are under development. HEVs and FCVs are capable of operation on commercially available fuels and have long enough range. Present day gasoline and diesel engines are strong contenders for use as prime movers for HEVs. FCVs with on-board fuel-reformers to produce hydrogen are under development for commercial production in the next few years.
CitationPundir, B., "Prospective Alternative Energy Vehicles Using Conventional Fuels," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1421, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1421.
- Motor Vehicle Emission Regulations and Fuel Specifications Part 1 - 1996 Update, Report No 5/97 CONCAWE Brussels March 1997
- Jet Shu P.H. Chiang Wei - Li Lin Bing - Ming Cheng Ming - Chou The Development of the Electric Propulsion System for the Zero Emission Scooter in Taiwan SAE Paper No. 972107 1997
- Dutta S.A. Sengupta B. Air Quality Goals for Delhi -Options to meet Them by Year 2005 Workshop on Integrated Approach to Vehicular Pollution Control in Delhi 16 18 April 1998 New Delhi
- Batra V. S. Mathur Ajay Challenges and Promises of Fuel Cell Vehicles Conference on Automobile and Fuel Technologies - Solutions for the Environment July 22 23 1999 TERI New Delhi
- Mendler Charles Taking a New Look at Hybrid Electric Vehicle Efficiency: A Critical Look, Automotive Engineering Feb 1997
- Amann C.A. The Stretch for Better Passenger Car Fuel Economy: A Critical Look - Part 2, Automotive Engineering International March 1998
- Berta G.L. Engines for Hybrid Vehicles: Requirements and Perspectives SAE Paper No. 931486 1993
- Electric Vehicle Drive Systems Automotive Engineering International Feb 1998
- Le Blanc N. Larsen R. Duoba M. The 1995 HEV Challenge: Results and Technology Summary SAE Paper No. 960741 1996
- Oei D.G. Fuel Cell Engines for Vehicles Automotive Engineering Feb. 1997
- Teagon P. Ross C. Whitton N. Arthur D. Impact of new Generation Vehicle Technology on Oil Industry Proc. Third International Petroleum Conference and Exhibition I Jan 9 12 1999 New Delhi
- Gasoline - Reforming Fuel Cell Automotive Engineering Feb 1997
- NEBUS Fuel-Cell Municipal-Transit Bus Automotive Engineering International July 1998