This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Method to Determine the Two Components of the Crankshaft Load on a Bearing Cap in Firing Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
An experimental procedure to determine the two components of the crankshaft force on the bearing cap is presented in this work. The method is based on the use of two load cells, one in each bearing cap bolt.
A system to calibrate the force transference from the bearing cap to the load cells has been used. This system allows the calculation of the two components of the crankshaft forces as a function of the load cells signals.
Some experiments have been done with this system, and the results of a firing and motored engine have been compared in order to know the influence of combustion and inertia forces on the crankshaft load in the bearing cap.
The results are compared with a model for the dynamics of the piston-connecting rod-crankshaft system.
|Technical Paper||Lightweight Connecting Rod Design for Flex Fueled Engines|
|Journal Article||An Effective Algorithm for Creating Precise Oil Level Information|
|Technical Paper||An Analysis of the Movement of the Crankshaft Journals during Engine Firing|
CitationTinaut, F., Melgar, A., Giménez, B., Fernández, L. et al., "A Method to Determine the Two Components of the Crankshaft Load on a Bearing Cap in Firing Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1340, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1340.
- Ghazy M. “Assessment of the removal of the crankshaft balance weights on bearing caps vibration and engine noise” SAE paper 911058
- Aouichi A. Herrmann M. “Diesel engine noise and internal excitation mechanisms” SAE paper 890132
- Ishihama M. Hayashi Y. Kubozuka T. “An analysis of the movement of the crankshaft journal during engine firing” SAE paper 810772 . of
- Priebsch H. Affenzeller J. Kulpers G. “Structure borne noise prediction techniques” SAE paper 900019
- Naganuma T. Okamura H. Sogabe K. “Experimental and analyses of the three-dimensional vibrations of the crankshaft and torsional damper in a four-cylinder in-line high speed engine” SAE paper 971996
- Kimura J. Okamura H. Sogabe K. “Experiments and computation crankshaft tree-dimensional vibrations and bending stresses in a vee-type ten-cylinder engine” SAE paper 951291
- Tinaut F.V. Melgar A. Horrillo A.J. “Utilization of a Quasi-dimensional Model for Predicting Pollutant Emissions in SI Engines” SAE paper 99P-420