This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Strategy of Accelerated Reliability Testing Development for Car Components
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
This paper analyzes the reasons why current accelerated reliability testing (ART) results for passenger cars often cannot give accurate information for sufficient reliability, fatigue, and durability evaluation and prediction in the field. Why does accelerated testing (AT) give often minimum benefits for companies that use it?
The basic principles of strategy that can help to eliminate these reasons will be described.
In order to execute this strategy the following will be shown: the full hierarchy of the car and its components in a connection and interaction with each other; how accelerated environmental testing can be improved if a simultaneous combination of basic environmental factors (temperature, humidity, pollution, radiation, etc.) will be used; how each of these factors can be simulated more accurately in the laboratory; how one can improve accelerated corrosion testing of the car components if one takes into account that it is a combination of chemical, mechanical, motion, etc. influences; how one can improve vibration testing if one takes into account that the car's vibration is complicated and acts simultaneously with the rotation of the wheels; etc.
CitationKlyatis, L., "The Strategy of Accelerated Reliability Testing Development for Car Components," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1195, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1195.
- Besverhy S. F. Jacenko N. N. The Basis of Technology Proving Ground Testing and Certification of Automobiles IPK Publishing House of Standards 1996 Moscow (Russia)
- Dasgupta A. Physics-of -Failure Principles and Concepts for Product Qualification IEEE 1998 Workshop on Accelerated Stress Testing Proceedings Pasadena, CA
- Klyatis L. M. Principles of Trucks Accelerated Reliability Testing SAE International Congress and Exposition. SAE Technical Paper Series. 1999-01-1086 Detroit, MI March 1-4 1999 1 10
- Klyatis L. M. A Better Control System for Testing of Mobile Product Reliability Review , The R & M Engineering Journal (ASQ) 19 3 September 1999 22 24
- Klyatis L. M. A Better Control System for Vibration Testing of Mobile Product Reliability Review , The R & M Engineering Journal (ASQ) 19 2 June 1999 22 24
- Klyatis L. M. Trends in Development of Testing Equipment VNIITEIAGROPROM Moscow, Russia 1991 1 76
- Klyatis L. M. Step-by-step Accelerated Testing International Symposium of Product Quality & Integrity (RAMS) Proceedings 1999 57 61
- Klyatis L. M. Conditions of Environmental Accelerated Testing International Symposium of Product Quality & Integrity (RAMS) Proceedings 1998 372 377
- Klyatis L. M. Principles of Accelerated Reliability Testing IEEE 1998 Workshop on Accelerated Stress Testing Proceedings 1 4 Pasadena, CA
- Klyatis L. M. Development Technology of Vibration Stress Testing IEEE 1997 Workshop on Accelerated Stress Testing Proceedings 1 6 1997 Dallas, TX
- Klyatis L. M. Accurate Accelerated Evaluation of Reliability ASQC's 50 th Annual Quality Congress Proceedings 1996 119 120
- Kononenko A. F. Klyatis L. M. Accelerated Testing of Agricultural Machinery United Nations New York 1970 1 37
- QualMark Accelerated Corrosion Testing. From Salt Fog to Cycling Corrosion
- Sharma P. Natarajon R. Dasgupta A. Physics-of-Failure Approach for Screening IEEE 1998 Workshop on Accelerated Stress Testing Proceedings Pasadena, CA
- WEISS TECHNIK Simulation Package for Test System Integration SIMPATI