This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Approximation and Control of the Engine Torque Using Neural Networks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
This paper describes the approximation of the engine torque of an SI-engine using recurrent neural networks. As modern engine control units today are based on engine torque management, there is a need for an accurate determination of the produced engine torque. Since direct measurements of this value are not possible in series applications due to resulting high costs, a fast and accurate algorithm for the approximation of these values from other sensor signals has to be found. Dynamic neural networks are a promising method to fulfill these requirements.
|Technical Paper||On-Line StatePrediction Of Engines Based On Fast Neural Network|
|Technical Paper||Neural Network Based Throttle Actuator Model for Controller|
|Technical Paper||Smart Sensors for Future Robust Systems|
CitationMüller, R. and Schneider, B., "Approximation and Control of the Engine Torque Using Neural Networks," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0929, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0929.
- [Hay94] Haykin S.. Neural Networks. Macmillan Publishing Company, New York, NY, 1994.
- [Mue98] Mueller R.. Modernes Motormanagement mit neuronalen Netzen. Würzburger Beiträge zur Leistungsbewertung Verteilter Systeme, 1998.
- [NP90] Narendra K.S. and Parthasarathy K.. Identification and control of dynamical systems using neural networks. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 1(1):4-27, 1990.
- [PF94] Puskorius G.V. and Feldkamp L.A.. Neurocontrol of nonlinear dynamical systems with kalman filter trained recurrent networks. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 5(2):279-297, 1994.
- [Rie97] Riedmiller M.. Selbständige lernende neuronale Steuerungen. VDI Fortschrittsberichte Nr. 626, 1997. In german.
- [WP90] Williams R.J. and Peng J.. An efficient gradient-based algorithm for on-line training of recurrent network trajectories. Neural Computation, 2:490-501, 1990.