This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Distributed Java Architecture for Telematics Services
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
This paper describes a robust, secure Java-based Telematics platform that enables the rapid development and deployment of distributed infotainment and safety service applications. Such a distributed architecture allows the Telematics client in the vehicle to offload data and compute-intensive operations to the server, while executing location-sensitive and vehicle-centric services onboard. Further, by careful segmentation of the client and server modules, multiple tiers of the client product can be designed and rapidly assembled, ranging from inexpensive, thin clients to costlier, self-contained ones. By basing it on Java, we harness and empower a large development community, while reaping all the benefits of Java.
|Technical Paper||A Distributed Architecture for Delivering Telematics Services|
|Technical Paper||Resource Management for Third-Generation Telematics Systems|
|Journal Article||Connected Car Architecture and Virtualization|
CitationBhaskaran, P. and Clayton, M., "Distributed Java Architecture for Telematics Services," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0812, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0812.
- Sun Java, http://java.sun.com
- HP Java,http://www.chai.com
- IBM Java,http://www.ibm.com/developer/java/
- Java Media Framework,http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.html
- JSAPI, http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/
- JavaTV http://java.sun.com/products/javatv/overview.html
- Javacard, http://java.sun.com/products/javacard/htmldoc/ overview-summary.html
- Sun Java Community Process,http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/
- Java 2 Security, http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/security/
- XML, http://www.xml.com/
- Bluetooth, http://www.bluetooth.org/
- MobileGT Telematics Platform, http://www.mot-sps.com/automotive/mobilegt/ index.html