This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Non-steady and Non-linear Tire Model Under Large Lateral Slip Condition
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
The objective of this study is to develop a non-steady & non-linear tire model for vehicle dynamic simulation and control for extreme lateral slip condition. This model is provided in a semi-analytical form based on the theoretical non-steady state model, presented at 2nd IAVSD Tyre Conference, Feb. 1997. The tire model is based on a quasi-steady state concept, which generates the dynamic forces and moment according to the dynamic effective slip ratio cooperating with the Unified Semi-Empirical Tire Model for Steady State. Satisfying the theoretical boundary conditions at two sides (lowest & highest) in frequency domain, the tire model is capable of describing the transient force & moment characteristics of tires in higher frequency range, Comparing with the “Linear Approximation” model, presented at 4th AVEC Conference, Sept. 1998. Validated against a large amount of measurement data, It is confirmed that the model is able to reflect the transient tire characteristics with sufficient accuracy for higher frequency and larger input ranges.
CitationGuo, K. and Ren, L., "A Non-steady and Non-linear Tire Model Under Large Lateral Slip Condition," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0358, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0358.
- Guo, K. A Unified Tire Model for Vehicle Dynamic Simulation Relation to Steering Braking and Driving The 5 th International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering, SAE NO. 891189 1989 Beijing.
- Guo K. Sui, J. A Theoretical Observation on Empirical Expression of Tire Forces Proc. of the 9th IAVSD Symposium 1995
- Guo K. Sui, J. The Effects of Longitudinal Force and Vertical Load Distribution on Tire Slip Properties Technical Paper 945088, 25th FISITA Congress, Beijing. 1994
- Guo, K. Ren L. Hou, Y. A Non-steady Tire Model for Vehicle Dynamic Simulation and Control 4th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, Sept 1998 Nagoya, Japan, Paper 060
- Guo, K. Ren, L. A Unified Semi-Empirical Tire Model with Higher Accuracy and Less Parameters SAE No. 1999-01-0787 , Michigan USA 1999
- Guo K. Liu, Q. Modeling and Simulation of Non- Steady State Cornering Properties and Identification of Structure Parameters of Tyres Proceedings of the 2nd International Colloquium on Tyre Models for Vehicle Dynamic Analysis, Berlin, Feb 1997 Supplement to Veh.Sys.Dyn 27 1997
- Pacejka H.B. Besselink, I.J.M. The Magic Formula Tyre Model with Transient Properties Proceedings of the 2nd International Colloquium on Tyre Models for Vehicle Dynamic Analysis, Berlin, Feb 1997 Supplement to Veh.Sys.Dyn 27 1997
- Higuchi A. Pacejka, H.B. The Relaxation Length Concept at Large Wheel Slip and Camber Proceedings of the 2nd International Colloquium on Tyre Models for Vehicle Dynamic Analysis, Berlin, Feb 1997 Supplement to Veh.Sys.Dyn 27 1997