This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Properties of Precoated Galvannealed Steel Sheets for Lead-Free Automotive Fuel Tank Use
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
The goal of this study was to identify a pre-coated steel sheet that will satisfy press formability, seam weldability, spot weldability, brazing property, external corrosion resistance and internal fuel resistance. We established an experimental method for anti-fuel resistance measurement by applying synthetic spoiled gasoline by investigating the composition of spoiled gasoline and corrosion products in the fuel tank, which was collected in North America after 160,000 kilometers' running. Newly developed lead-free pre-coated steel sheet shows excellent anti-fuel corrosion resistance in comparison with that of usual terne coated steel sheet according to this method.
CitationOgata, H., Suzuki, S., Umino, S., and Mochizuki, K., "Properties of Precoated Galvannealed Steel Sheets for Lead-Free Automotive Fuel Tank Use," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0307, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0307.
- Committee report of the Recycle Issue Council in the Ministry of International Trade and Industry in Japan December 1996
- Hahn H. N. External Corrosion Resistance and Internal Fuel Compatibility of Prepainted Zinc-Nickel for Tank Applications SAE Technical Paper 932340 1993
- Nunoda Masahiro Izaki Teruaki Ohmori Takayuki CAMP-ISIJ 10 1997 1237
- Sugimoto Masatoshi Ichikawa Masayoshi Hujiwara Hideyuki TOYODA GOSEI Technical Report 29 3 1987 108 115
- Nakmura Minoru Yamamoto Yuji Technical Paper of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 956 1995 221 224