This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Light and Low Cost Composite Compression C Springs for Vehicle Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
This paper show some examples of our C springs manufacturing, realization, testing and optimization features.
Composite C Springs have been developed by our company Since 1993.
We will start our presentation by an analysis of reasons why Composite Compression Springs (patented) perform well compared to leaf springs.
Then we will give examples of some development programs we have successfully carried out from study up to vehicle road testing.
The C Springs have been tested in static measuring bench, in fatigue and in relaxation machine. C Springs have (and are), also road tested. More than hundred of thousand kilometers have been achieved with success (near exhaust pipe).
We will present examples of spring integration giving a dramatic weigh reduction, as well than ride handing improvement.
We will also introduce cost notions showings that Composite Compression Springs save money as well as weight on a vehicle.
CitationSardou, M. and Djomseu, P., "Light and Low Cost Composite Compression C Springs for Vehicle Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0100, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0100.
- « Tenue en fatigue d'un composite verre Epoxy », Faivre (VETROTEX), Composite №3, Mai 1991.
- « Etude et développement d'un ressort de suspension composite pour poids lourds », Pham, SIA 1987.
- « Development and testing of composite truck trailer springs’, Mutzer, SAE 890545.
- « Ressort composite de torsion en matériaux composites », SARDOU Max, SIA 1985.
- « Composite Compression Springs », SARDOU Max, SAE 942308.