This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Automotive Engineering: July/August 2019
- Magazine Issue
Published July 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
- Extending the ICE age
Future vehicle propulsion is not a single-solution challenge. Top engineers take Automotive Engineering into the next combustion-engine frontier.
- FCA's Micky Bly amping up
New powertrain boss Micky Bly and his team are building an advanced propulsion-strategy roadmap that includes at least one more ICE development cycle.
- Ford's Dave Filipe has some powerful choices to
These are interesting days for those managing global propulsion portfolios, but Ford's powertrain lead says a smart team has him relishing the challenges.
- GM's Ken Morris lives the pace of the powertrain
The purview of GM's VP of global product integrity includes the rapidly-shifting landscape of powertrain engineering.
- Hyundai's John Juriga optimizing ICE and
Hyundai is building on its lean-combustion knowledge in a DoE-sponsored collaborative program with MTU and Phillips 66.
- Other expert voices
The 2019 'ICE's Still Not Dead' panel discussion was very much alive.
- Mahle MJI technology sparking ignition
Engine-development supplier Mahle believes pre-chamber combustion technology for production gasoline engines has a promising future.
- For EVs to 'win,' battery tech must outpace
Analysts say moderate oil prices in the U.S. will continue to inhibit the growth of BEV sales-even as battery costs decline.
Formula E racing revelations
- SAE Standards News
SAE, DIN release terminology standard for AV testing through new consortium
- Supplier Eye
The supplier strategic-planning checklist
- What We're Driving
- Mercedes-AMG extracts world-record power from new four-cylinder engine
- Magna's new FreeForm enables sculpted, seamless seat surface
- Engine oil from Christmas trees and flashlight batteries
- Michelin, GM partner on airless wheel for 2024
- SF90 is Ferrari's first-ever plug-in hybrid
- Heavy capability for Chevy's 2020 Silverado heavy-duty pickups
- Cadillac pulls the wraps off two new V-Series sedans
- 2020 Ford Explorer: Knockout styling surrounds all-new engineering
Harley-Davidson EV Systems chief engineer Sean Stanley talks about 2020 LiveWire e-bike
|Technical Paper||1996 GM 7.4 Liter Engine Upgrade|
|Technical Paper||Prescriptive Modeling, Simulation and Performance Analysis of Mild Hybrid Vehicle and Component Optimization|
|Technical Paper||Development of “Hybrid EPS”|