This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Experimental Investigation on a New Squish Jet-Turbulence Combustion Chamber for SI Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 25, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Compared with bathtub combustion chamber which is widely used in SI engines especially in China, this paper introduces an experimental investigation on the performances of SI test engine with a new squish jet-turbulence combustion chamber. The new chamber can combine inlet swirl and squish effectively. Results show that the engine with the new chamber gives better comprehensive performances. The combustion process shortens, and the lean burn limit extends.
CitationJijun, L., Deyu, W., and Longbao, Z., "An Experimental Investigation on a New Squish Jet-Turbulence Combustion Chamber for SI Engine," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3664, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3664.
- Mattavi, J. N. “Effects of Combustion Chamber Design on Combustion in SI Engines,” SAE Paper 821587 1982
- Andrews, G. E. Bradley, D. Lwakabamba, S. B. “Turbulence and Turbulent Flame Propagation-A Critic Appraisal,” Comb. & Flm. 24 285 304 1975
- Evans, R. L. Cameron, C. “A New Combustion Chamber for Fast-Burn Applications,” SAE Paper 860319 1986
- Jiang, Changhong “Influence of Inlet Swirl Intensity on Lean burn in SI Engine,” Xi'an Jiaotong University 4 22 1988
- Li, Jijun Wu, Deyu Zhou, Longbao Huang, Zuohua Ma, Fanhua Zhang, Jianhua Xu, Hongchang “An Experimental Investigation of the Influence of Inlet Swirl Intensity on the Performances of SI Engine with a New Squish Jet-Turbulence Combustion Chamber,” The International Conference on Internal Combustion Engines Wuhan, China 1997