This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Integrated Approach to Sheet Metal Forming Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 28, 1999 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper presents the application of the different approaches available for the analysis of the sheet metal forming process on an industrial part (RENAULT KANGOO front fender). It is nowadays accepted in the engineering community that inverse, simplified direct and incremental direct approach are complementary and should be used in the development of a stamped part. The paper shows the formability analysis of the TWINGO door and hatchback at different stages of the part and process design, identifies the optimal approach at different stages and gives indication as to the relative speed, accuracy and quality of the different simulation solutions.
CitationDiPasquale, E., Duval, J., and El Khaldi, F., "An Integrated Approach to Sheet Metal Forming Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3169, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3169.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Le Roch Y. Duval J.L. Di Pasquale E. “Coupled Sheet Metal Forming And Fatigue Simulation” Proc. IDDRG 98
- El Mouatassim, M. Thomas, B. Jameux, J-P. Di Pasquale, E. 1995 “An industrial finite element code for one-step simulation of sheet metal forming “Simulation of Materials Processing: Theory, Methods and Applications Shen Dawson Balkema Rotterdam
- Hibon, G. Marron, G. Patou, P. 1996 “Designing stamped parts in hot-rolled steel sheet” 19 th IDDRG Biennal Congress Eger
- Kusiak, J. Thompson, E.G. 1989 “Optimization techniques for extrusion die shape design” Numiform 89 Thompson et al. Balkema Rotterdam
- Deng, X. “Optimization of structures under technological casting constraints” 1993 ENS Cachan France
- Barlet, O. Batoz, J.L. Guo, Y.Q. Mercier, F. Naceur, H. Knopf-Lenoir, C. 1996 “Optimum design of blank contours using the inverse approach and a mathematical programming technique” Numisheet 96 Dearborn, U.S.A.
- Luet D. Di Pasquale E. Duval J.L. Le Roch Y. Rigaud V. «Quality Function Approach To Design And Optimization Of Stamping Process:Application To A Renault Industrial Case» Proc. SAE 1998