This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Control of the Emission of Ammonia Through the Adsorption in Activated Coal
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The industrial development which has provided a significant progress in the improvement of the life quality has also brought some problems to the environment. In this context, the mobility industry has generated several types of pollutants. Among these pollutants stands out the ammonia gas, that can be generated in a direct or indirect way, through fuel burning of several types of vehicles or through responsible industrial processes for the production of components and input to this industry. For being an extremely toxicant gas, it is of great importance to develop techniques that facilitate reutilize and to avoid the discard of that gas discards in the atmosphere. This way, this work had as its main objective to study the purification of the ammonia gas through the adsorption in activated coal, in which the influences of the temperature and mass of the bed in the process of adsorption were appraised.
CitationRodrigues, C., dos Reis Coutinho, A., Lia, L., Silva, E. et al., "Control of the Emission of Ammonia Through the Adsorption in Activated Coal," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3044, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3044.
- VEIGA, A. R.; MORAES, D. JR.. Alternative Materials for the Adsorption of Ammonia Gas. SAE Technical Paper Series, No 952287E, October, 1995. São Paulo - SP.
- PIZZO, S. M. Unidade Experimental para a Remoção do Poluente Gasoso Dióxido de Enxofre em Leito Gotejante de Carvão Ativado com Descarga Periódica. São Carlos, UFSCar, 1998, p. 88, Dissertação de Mestrado.
- PISANI, R. JR.; MORAES, D. JR.. Treatment of the Gaseous Pollutant Sulphur Dioxide in a Binary Fluidized Bed trough Reaction with Limestone. SAE Technical Paper Series, No 973076, October, 1997, São Paulo - SP.
- FRASER, M. P.; CASS, G. R.. Detection of Excess Ammonia Emissions from In-Use Vehicles and Implications for Fine Particle Control. Environmental Science & Technology, 1998, 32, 1053-1057.
- CADLE, S. H.; MULAWA, P. A.. Environmental Science & Technology, 1980, 14, 718-723.
- MORAES, D. JR. Equipamentos para Controle de Emissões Gasosas. UFSCar, 1991, p. 16. São Carlos - SP.
- McCABE, W. L.; SMITH, J. C.; HARRIOTT, P.. Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering. 4a Ed. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1986, p. 960.