This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Simplified Procedure for the Determination of the Mechanical Properties of Heavy Trucks Engine Mounting Systems and their Effect on Comfort and NVH
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A platform communization is being conducted at VW Truck and Bus aiming at cost reductions. This opportunity is also being used in order to improve the NVH characteristics of the VW commercial vehicles by optimizing engine mounts and other parts. This paper summarizes the procedure followed while optimizing engine mounts and its effect on NVH.
|Technical Paper||The Optimum Layout of Engine Mounting by Dynamic Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Optimized Ride Control of Heavy Vehicles with Intelligent Suspension Control|
|Technical Paper||A Study on Brake Noise of Midium Class Trucks and Buses|
CitationPinto, M., Nogueira, F., and de Siqueira, L., "Development of a Simplified Procedure for the Determination of the Mechanical Properties of Heavy Trucks Engine Mounting Systems and their Effect on Comfort and NVH," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3034, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3034.
- Madureira, O M. “CURSO - Ruídos e Vibrações em Veículos” Apostila de curso AEA 1998
- Cummins Engines “Automotive and Bus Installation Recommendations - ENGINE MOUNTING” Installation Recommendations
- Stuecklschwaiger, W. Ronacher, A. “Optimization of Engine Mount Parameters by Simulation and Statistic Techniques” European ADAMS Users Conference 1994
- Ochi, S. Bowland, K. Bigot, B. “Optimum Design of Engine Mounts by Integrating Triaxial Test Data and Analytical ADAMS Model” ADAMS International Users Conference 1997
- Siqueira, L. P. Noguiera, F. “Determination of a Procedure for the Calculation of Vehicle's Components Fatigue Life” SAE paper n° 982902 1998
- Siqueira, L. P. Nogueira, F. “Application of Modal Analysis and Operating Deflection Shapes on the Study of Trucks and Buses Dynamic Behavior” SAE - Brasil Congress 1999