This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Genetic Algorithms Applied on Route Optimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the applicability of genetic algorithms on route optimization with the objective of evaluating its potentialities comparing to other most used techniques. A classical mathematical problem known as Travelling Salesman Problem was used to create the scenery of a given problem that had to be optimized. At the end, the simulation results of a program that operates with genetic algorithms will be compared with the most useful heuristics algorithms.
Citationde Oliveira Chaves, R., "Genetic Algorithms Applied on Route Optimization," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2993, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2993.
- Darwin, C.R. On the Origins of Species by Means of Natural Selection Penguin Classics 1985
- Holland, J.H. Adaptation in Natural Selection and Artificial Systems Univ. of Michigan Press 1975
- Goldberg, D.E. Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning Addison-Wesley 1989
- Chaves, R.O. Introduction in Genetic Algorithms Theory Federal University of Rio de Janeiro Press 1993
- Michalewicz, Z. Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs Springer-Verlag 1992