This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Unit Testing Techniques and Tool Support
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 14, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a tool developed at Pi Technology for performing unit testing. The tool is used to support the production of embedded real-time software for high-reliability applications such as engine control units. A brief history of the development of the tool is given along with details of how the tool is used in the context of our development process. The tool itself is examined from both usage and construction points of view and an analysis of the tools effectiveness in use is given.
|Technical Paper||Software Testing Coverage for Automotive Embedded Controllers|
|Technical Paper||A Systematic Approach to Testing Automotive Control Software|
|Technical Paper||Earthmovers - Then and Now|
CitationEllims, M. and Parkins, R., "Unit Testing Techniques and Tool Support," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2842, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2842.
- Koptz H Software Reliability The Macmillan Press 1979 ISBN 033233735
- Manna, Z Waldinger, R. The Logic of Computer Programming IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 4 199 229 1978
- Pressman, Roger S Software Engineering A Practitioners Approach Fourth Edition (European Adaptation by D. Ince) McGraw-Hill 1997 ISBN 0077094115
- Beizer, B. Software Testing Techniques 2 Van Nostrand-Reinhold 1990 ISBN 1850328803
- Teasley, B. Leventhal, Rohlman D.S. Positive Test Bias in Software Testing by Professionals: What’s Right and What’s Wrong Empirical Studies of Programmers: Fifth Workshop Ablex Publishing 1993 ISBN 1567500897
- Ellims, M. Bowen D. Lessons Learnt in Testing High-Reliability Automotive Software SAE Paper 982814
- Ramamoorthy C. V. Prakash Atul Tsai Wei-Tek Usuda Yutaka Software engineering: Problems and perspectives IEEE Computer 17 10 191 209 October 1984
- Curtis, B. Fifteen years of Psychology in Software Engineering: Individual Differences and Cognitive Science Software State-of-the-Art: Selected Papers DeMarco, T. Lister T. 1990 Dorset House Publishing ISBN 0932633145
- McGregor, J.D. Planning for Testing JOOP The Journal of Object-Oriented programming Feb 1997 ISSN 0896-8438
- Harmon, R. Automated Testing of Component Based Software EUROMICRO 99 Milan, Italy September 1999