This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Modeling of 5th Generation Heat-Assisted Stirling Heat Pump (E-3)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 02, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes recent results in a project at KUBOTA to develop a multi-fuel gas engine driven Stirling heat pump. It is mainly driven by engine shaft power and is partially assisted by thermal power from the engine exhaust heat source. We have previously developed the D-3 machine, the fourth generation prototype of the heat-assisted Stirling heat pump. Performance simulations of the next (E-3) machine are presented in conjunction with driving engine characteristics. System matching and optimization criteria and constraints are discussed with implications for performance. This machine uses helium gas as a working gas and is constructed as two 3-cylinder sets, each a combination of two Stirling sub-systems (one a power producer and one a heat pump). Utilizing both shaft power and thermal power, performance is controlled by phase shifting of the hot-side pistons to adjust the absorbing of thermal power. This heat pump system is expected to produce cooling and heating water at high COP. Developing this machine will provide a CFC-free thermal utilization system technology that satisfies both wide heat demands and various fuel systems.
|Technical Paper||Design of DME-Diesel Fuel Supply System for Non-Gasification|
|Technical Paper||Uncooled Two-Stroke Gas Engine for Heat Pump Drive|
|Technical Paper||Pre-Oiling System during Cold-Start of SI Engine|
CitationYagyu, S., Fujishima, I., Fukuyama, Y., Morikawa, T. et al., "Performance Modeling of 5th Generation Heat-Assisted Stirling Heat Pump (E-3)," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2700, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2700.
- ECC 1995 Multi-Temperature Heat Supply System Element Technology Development Program at Eco-Energy City Project 32 33
- Ohtomo M. Isshiki N. Watanabe H. 1996 Studies on Three-Temperature, Three-Cylinder Stirling Cycle Machine Proceedings of 31st IECEC 2 1238 1242
- Yagyu S. Fujishima I. Corey J. Isshiki N. 1996 An Analytical Approach to Multi-Cylinder Regenerative Machines with Application to 3-Cylinder Heat-Aided Stirling Heat Pump Proceeding of 31st IECEC 2 1201 1205
- Gedeon D. 1994 Sage: Object Oriented Software for Stirling Machine design Proceeding of 29th IECEC 4 1902 1907
- Yagyu S. Fukuyama Y. Morikawa T. Isshiki N. Satoh, I. 1998 Bayonet Heat Exchangers in Heat-Assisted Stirling Heat Pump Proceeding of 33rd IECEC, 080
- Yagyu S. Fujishima I. Fukuyama Y. Morikawa T. Corey J. Isshiki N. Satoh, I. 1999 Design, Simulation, and Preliminary Test Results of a Heat-Assisted Stirling Heat Pump Proceedings of 9th ISEC
- Yagyu S. Fujishima I. Isshiki N. Satoh, I. 1997 Design, Simulation, and Test Results of a Heat-Assisted Three-Cylinder Stirling Heat Pump (C-3) Proceeding of 32nd IECEC 2 1033 1038