This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Loop Heat Pipes - Recent Developments, Test Results and Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 02, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Loop heat pipes are one of the most promising modifications of two-phase heat-transfer devices with capillary pumping. Owing to their versatility these devices have filled a wide niche between ordinary heat pipes and CPLs.
The paper presents the results of development and investigations of loop heat pipes carried out at the Institute of Thermophysics in the last five years.
|Technical Paper||Comparing the Behavior of a Loop Heat Pipe With Different Elevations of the Capillary Evaporator|
|Technical Paper||Thermoregulation of Loops with Capillary Pumping for Space Use|
|Technical Paper||Heat Pipe Turbine Vane Cooling|
CitationMaidanik, Y. and Pastukhov, V., "Loop Heat Pipes - Recent Developments, Test Results and Applications," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2530, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2530.
- Gerasimov, Yu.F., Chogolev, G.T. Maidanik Yu.F. et.al. Heat Pipe. USSR Inventor’s Certificate #449213, 1974.
- Gerasimov, Yu.F. Maidanik, Yu.F. Dolgirev Yu.F. et.al. Some Results of Investigations of Heat Pipes Operates against the Gravity Field. Eng. Phys. Journal, 1976, v.30, #4, pp.581-586 (in Russian).
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Vershinin, S.V. Kholodov, V.F. Dolgirev. Yu.E. Heat Transfer Apparatus. U.S. Patent #4.515.209, 1984.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Fershtater, Yu.G. Pastukhov. V.G. Loop Heat Pipes: Development, Investigations, Elements of the Engineering Calculation, Ekaterinburg, USSR, 1989 (in Russian).
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Fershtater, Yu.G. Goncharov. K.A. Capillary Pumped Loop for the Systems of Thermal Regulation of Spacecraft. Proc. of the 4th European Symp. on Space Environmental Control Systems, Florence, Italy, 1991, pp.87-92.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Fershtater, Yu.G. Pastukhov. V.G. Development and Investigation of Two-Phase Loops with High-Pressure Capillary Pumps for Space Application. Proc. of the 8th Int. Heat Pipe Conf., Beijing, China, 1992, pp.426-433.
- Wolf, D.A. Ernst, D.M. Phillips. L. Loop Heat Pipes -Their Performance and Potential. 24th Int. Conf. on Environmental Systems and 5th European Symp. of Space Environmental Control Systems, Friedrichs-hafen, Germany, 1994, Pap. #941575.
- Ogushi, T. Murakami, M. Yao A. et.al. Heat Transfer Performance of Flexible Loop Heat Pipe. 10th Int. Heat Pipe Conf. Stuttgart, Germany, Prep. #A2-3.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Fershtater, Yu.G. Pastukhov. V.G. et al. Some Results of Loop Heat Pipes Development, Tests and Application in Engineering. Proc. of the 5th Int. Heat Pipe Symposium, Melbourne, Australia, 1996, pp.406-412.
- Dunbar, N. Jacobs, R. Supper. W. Design, Development and Testing of a Miniature Capillary Pumped Loop. Proc. of the 6th European Symposium on Space Environmental Control Systems, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 1997, pp.365-370.
- Cheung, M.K. Hoang, T.T. Ku, J. Kaya. T. Thermal Performance and Operational Characteristics of Loop Heat Pipe (LHP). Proc. of the CPL’98 Int. Workshop, El Segundo, CA, USA, 1998.
- Mena, F. Zimmermann, C. Bonzom. P. Reversible Loop Heat Pipe - Development and Qualification. Proc. of the CPL’98 Int. Workshop, El Segundo, CA, USA, 1998.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Fershtater, Yu.G. Theoretical Basis and Classification of Loop Heat Pipes and Capillary Pumped Loops, Prep. of the 10th Int. Heat Pipe Conf., Stuttgart, Germany, 21-25 September 1977.
- Gerasimov, Yu.F. Maidanik, Yu.F. Kiseev V.M. et.al. Evaporation Chamber of Heat Pipe. USSR Inventor’s Certificate #495522, 1975.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Vershinin. S.V. Evaporator of Loop Heat Pipe. Patent of Russia #2101644, 1998.
- Feldman K.T. and Noreen. D.L. Design of heat pipe cooled laser mirrors with an inverted meniscus evaporator wick. AIAA paper 92-0148, 1980.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Pastukhov. V.G. Heat Pipe. USSR Inventor’s Certificate #1395927, 1988.
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Pastukhov. V.G. Heat Transfer Device. USSR Inventor’s Certificate #1626798, 1991.
- Binert, W.B. Maidanik, Yu.F. Gottschlich, J.M. et al. The Proof-of Feasibility of Multiple Evaporator Loop Heat Pipes. Proc. of the 6th European Symposium on Space Environmental Control Systems, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 1997
- Maidanik, Yu.F. Heat Transfer Device. Patent of Russia, #2120592, 1998.