This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrating Thermal and Structural Analysis with Thermal Desktop™
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 12, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Structural and thermal engineers currently work independently of each other using unrelated tools, models, and methods. Without the ability to rapidly exchange design data and predicted performance, the achievement of the ideals of concurrent engineering is not possible.
Thermal codes have been unable to exploit the geometric information in structural models and the CAD design database, and do not facilitate transfer of temperature data to other discipline’s analysis models. This paper discusses the key features in Thermal Desktop for supporting integrated thermal/structural analysis. Approaches to thermal modeling in an integrated analysis environment are discussed along with Thermal Desktop’s data mapping algorithm for exporting temperature data on to structural model grid points.
|Technical Paper||Practical Modeling and Simulation of Permanent Magnet Direct Current (PMDC) Motors|
|Technical Paper||CAE Model Validation in Vehicle Safety Design|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Design Evaluation Using The Digital Proving Ground|
CitationPanczak, T. and Welch, M., "Integrating Thermal and Structural Analysis with Thermal Desktop™," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-2126, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-2126.
- Lockheed Engineering and Management Services Company Thermal Radiation Analysis System Users Manual,” JSC 22964, Contract NAS 917900 October 1991
- Panczak, T. Welch, M. Thermal Synthesizer System: An Integrated Approach to Spacecraft Thermal Analysis SAE paper 911582 , 22nd ICES Conference July 1992
- Panczak, T. The Failure of Finite Element Codes for Spacecraft Thermal Analysis SAE paper 961450 , 26th ICES Conference July 1996
- Panczak, T. Ring, S. A CAD Based Tool for FDM and FEM Radiation and Conduction Modeling SAE paper 981577 , 28th ICES Conference July 1998
- Welch, M. Panczak, T. Automating Thermal Analysis with Thermal Desktop SAE paper 1999-01-2156 , 29th ICES Conference July 1999