This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects of Small Disturbances Caused by Changes of Surrounding Conditions on the Small Positive Pressure Control System of the CEEF
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 12, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The closed ecology experiment facility (CEEF) has a small positive pressure control system consisting of rubber buffers and a mechanical subsystem. In the present study, effects of small temperature disturbances caused by changes of surrounding conditions on the pressure control system are investigated experimentally and in numerical simulations. Though solar radiation causes a pressure disturbance in the facility, choosing the proper diameter of ducts which connect the rubber buffers to the modules, the rubber buffers can follow fluctuations of low frequency, like daily atmospheric fluctuations and pressure changes caused by temperature control of the facility’s air conditioners, and can cut off those of high frequency due to changes of environmental conditions.
CitationNakano, S., Sugawara, S., Otsubo, K., and Nitta, K., "Effects of Small Disturbances Caused by Changes of Surrounding Conditions on the Small Positive Pressure Control System of the CEEF," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1985, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1985.
- Ashida A. and Nitta K., Construction of CEEF Is Just Started, SAE Technical Paper No.951584, 1995.
- Sugawara S., Ishigamori I., Takakusagi T., Uchida T., Ashida A. and Nitta K., Design of Plant Cultivation Modules in a CPEF, SAE Technical Paper No. 961554, 1996.
- Dempster W. F., Biosphere 2 Project Status: Design of a Closed Manned Terrestrial Ecological System, SAE Technical Paper No.901233, 1990.
- Dempster W., Engineering of Biosphere 2: Closure and Energy, Life support & biosphere science, Vol.4, pp.109-116, 1997.
- Nakano S., Uchida T., Ishigamori I., Sugawara S., and Nitta K., Numerical Analysis for the Small Positive Pressure Control System of CEEF, SAE Technical Paper No.972516, 1997.
- Holman J. P., Heat Transfer, Sixth Edition, McGraw-Hill Book Company, p.351, 1986.
- Handbook of Air conditioners and sanitary engineering (in Japanese), Japan Society of Air Conditioners and Sanitary Engineering, p.174, 1985.