This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Accessibility Simulation and Ergonomic Evaluation for Virtual Prototyping
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 18, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The possibility to check some requirements on the design is an important point to introduce the work of the ergonomists in early phases of the project. In this sense we developed a method for the simulation of the human motion during accessing to a vehicle and present an application in virtual prototyping of new car models.
The method is based on the modulation of the kinematics of real movements acquired from subjects performing accessibility movements to a real car cockpit. This approach was applied with success to the different motor strategies shown by the subjects.
CitationAndreoni, G., Rabuffetti, M., Pedotti, A., Quattrocolo, S. et al., "Accessibility Simulation and Ergonomic Evaluation for Virtual Prototyping," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1925, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1925.
- Ferrigno, G. Borghese, N.A. Pedotti, A. 1990 Pattern recognition in 3D automatic human motion analysis International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 45 227 240
- Ferrigno, G. Pedotti, A. 1985 A digital dedicated hardware system for movement analysis via real time TV signal processing IEEE Trans. Biomed 32 943 950
- Glantz S.A. 1988 Statistica per discipline biomediche McGraw-Hill Italia
- Grood E.S. Suntay W.J. 1983 A joint co ordinate system for the clinical description of the three-dimensional motions: application to the knee ASME Trans 105 136 144
- Mouchnino, L. Aurenty, R. Massion, J. Pedotti, A. 1992 Coordination between equilibrium and Head-Trunk orientation during leg movement: a new strategy built up by training Journal of Neurophysiology 67 6 1587 1598
- Pedotti A. 1977 A study of motor coordination and neuromuscular activities in human locomotion Biolog. Cybernet 26 53 62
- Pedotti, A. Crenna P. 1990 Individual strategies of muscle recruitment in complex natural movements Winters J.M. Woo S.L.-Y. Multiple Muscle Systems: Biomechanics and Movement Organization Springer-Verlag New York 542 549
- Pedotti, A. Ferrigno, G. 1995 Optoelectronic-Based System Allard, P. Stokes, I.A.F. Blanchi J-P Tree-Dimensional Analysis of Human Movement 57 77 Champaign Human Kinetics
- Pedotti A. Rabuffetti M. Andreoni G. 1995 Quantitative evaluation of man machine interaction. 3rd International Conference, Vehicle comfort and ergonomics, Bologna, Italy 297 308
- Petzäll J. 1995 The design of entrances of taxis for elderly and disabled passengers: An experimental study. Applied Ergonomics 26 5 343 352
- Riley P.O. Shenkman M.L. Mann R.W. Hodge W.A. 1991 Mechanics of a constrained chair-rise J.Bio-mechanics 24 1 77 85
- Roebroeck M.E. Doorenbosch C.A.M. Harlaar J. Jacobs R. Lankhorst G.J. 1994 Biomechanics and muscular activity during sit-to-stand transfer. Clinical Biomechanics 9 234 244
- Zatsiorsky V.M. Seluyanov V.N. 1983 The mass and inertia characteristics of the main segment of the uman body. H. Matsui & K. Kobayashi, eds. Bio-mechanics VIII-B. Champaign: Human Kinetics 1983 1152 1159