This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Modelling of Car Panels Using Holographic Modal Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 17, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to optimise the vibro-acoustic behaviour of panel-like structures in a more systematic way, accurate structural models are needed. However, at the frequencies of relevance to the vibro-acoustic problem, the mode shapes are very complex, requiring a high spatial resolution in the measurement procedure.
The large number of required transducers and their mass loading effects limit the applicability of accelerometer testing.
In recent years, optical measuring methods have been proposed. Direct electronic (ESPI) imaging, using strobed continuous laser illumination, or more recently, pulsed laser illumination, have lately created the possibility to bring the holographic testing approach to the level of industrial applicability for modal analysis procedures.
The present paper discusses the various critical elements of a holographic ESPI modal testing system. Next to the optical parts, the integration with the modal analysis procedures, including the integration of geometry and response information, are discussed. Special attention is paid to the modal parameter extraction of the large DOF number data, for which a special data reduction scheme was developed. The paper furthermore discusses test results obtained on a car panel in a vibro-acoustic set-up. The measurement data are used to predict interior noise.
|Technical Paper||Correlation of Split-Injection Needle Lift and Spray Structure|
|Technical Paper||Effects of Intake Port Geometry on Large Scale In-Cylinder Flows|
|Technical Paper||3D Inside Vehicle Acoustical Holography|
CitationVan der Auweraer, H., Dierckx, B., Haberstok, C., Freymann, R. et al., "Structural Modelling of Car Panels Using Holographic Modal Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1849, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1849.
- Halliwell N.A. “Optical methods for vibration measurement and visualisation” Proceedings of the International symposium on prediction of the noise emitted by vibrating structures” Senlis (F) March 26-28 1991 221 241
- Cloud G.A. “Optical methods of engineering analysis” Cambridge University Press
- Creath K. “Phase-shifting speckle interferometry” Appl. Opt. 24 3053 3058 1985
- Dändliker R. Jacquot P. “Holographic interferometry and speckle methods” Optical Sensors 5 VCH Verlagsgesellschaft Weinheim (D) 589 628
- Steinbichler H.
- Freymann R. Honsberg W. Winter F. Stein-bichler H. “Holographic modal analysis” Laser in research and engineering Springer Verlag 1996
- Linet V. Bohineust X. Dupuy F. Stawicki C. “Experimental modal analysis of structures using three-dimensional holographic interferometry: development and applications” Procedings of the 17 th international seminar on modal analysis Leuven (B) September 23-25 1992 1655 1676
- Slangen P. Berwart L. de Veuster C. Golinval J-C. Lion Y. “Digital speckle interferometry (DSPI): A fast procedure to detect and measure vibration mode shapes” Proceedings of the SPIE international conference on vibration measurements by laser techniques Ancona (I) October 3-5 1994 SPIE 2358 102 110
- Klingele H. Steinbichler H. “Holographic modal analysis for the separation of narrow-spaced eigen-modes” Proceedings of the SPIE international conference on vibration measurements by laser techniques Ancona (I) September 23-25 1996 SPIE 2868 412 417
- Haberstok C. Freymann R. Honsberg W. “Holographic modal analysis with high spatial resolution” Proceedings of ISMA 23 Leuven (B) September 16-18 1998 991 998
- Li W.X. Mitchell L.D. “non-modal method of structure dynamic response identification for a prototype commercial jet aircraft fuselage” Proceedings of the 12 th international modal analysis conference 1994 255 261
- Arruda J.R.F. Santos L.A.S.B. Li W.X. Mitchell L.D. “Data compression for the modal analysis of spatially dense laser doppler vibrometer measurements The international journal of analytical and experimental modal analysis 11 3 194 2023 1996
- Vanlanduit S. Guillaume P. Schoukens J. “High resolution spatial domain modal parameter estimation of complex structures” Proceedings of the 16 th international modal analysis conference 1998 1629 1655
- Vanlanduit S. Guillaume P. Schoukens J. “Development of a data reduction procedure with noise extraction for high resolution optical measurements” Proceedings of the SPIE 3411 1998 357 365
- Guillaume P. Verboven P. Vanlanduit S. “Frequency-domain maximum likelihood identification of modal parameters with confidence intervals” Proceedings of ISMA 23 Leuven (B) September 16-18 1998 359 366
- Ng'andu A.N. Fox C.M.J. Williams E.J. “On the estimation of rotational degrees of freedom using spline functions” Proceedings of the 13th international modal analysis conference 1995 791 797
- Waters T.P. Lieven N.A.J. “A modified surface spline for modal expansion” The international journal of analytical and experimental modal analysis 3 10 167 177 July 1995