This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Energy Finite Element Method (EFEM) and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) of a Heavy Equipment Cab
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 17, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The energy finite element method (EFEM) was developed to utilize available finite element geometric models for high frequency structural-acoustic analysis. Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) is a lumped parameter approach currently in widespread use for high frequency analysis. In this investigation, EFEM and SEA models were developed for components of a heavy equipment cab. A generalized joint process (GJP) was developed and used for processing the various joints between structural subsystems. The structural predictions were compared to each other as well as to measurements.
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Driveability - Its Characterisation and Measurement|
|Technical Paper||QS-9000 and Accelerated Testing|
|Technical Paper||Service ADVISOR/ServiceEXPERT - Developing a Successful Diagnostic EPSS|
CitationWang, S. and Bernhard, R., "Energy Finite Element Method (EFEM) and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) of a Heavy Equipment Cab," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1705, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1705.
- Wohlever J. C. and Bernhard R. J., “Mechanical Energy Flow Models of Rods and Beams”, Journal of Sound and Vibration 153, 1-19, 1992.
- Bouthier O. M. and Bernhard R. J., “Simple Models of Energy Flow in Vibration Membranes”, Journal of Sound and Vibration 182, 129-147, 1995.
- Cho P. E. and Bernhard R. J., “Energy Flow Analysis of Coupled Beams”, Journal of Sound and Vibration 211, 593-605, 1998.
- Bitsie F., “The Structural-Acoustic Energy Finite Element Method and Energy Boundary Element Method”, Ph.D. Dissertation, Purdue University, Herrick Laboratories, Indiana, USA, 1996.
- Wang S. and Bernhard R. J., “The Energy Finite Element Method Applied to a Heavy Equipment Cab”, Proceedings of Inter-noise 98, New Zealand, Nov. 1998.
- Smith M. J., “A Hybrid Energy Method for Predicting High Frequency Vibrational Response of Point-Loaded Plates”, Journal of Sound and Vibration 202, 375-394, 1997.
- De Langhe K., “High Frequency Vibrations: Contributions to Experimental and Computational SEA Parameter Identification Techniques”, Ph.D. Dissertation, Leuven, Belgium, 1996.
- Lyon R. H. and DeJong R. G., Statistical Energy Analysis (Second Edition), 1995.
- Bouthier O. M., “Energetics of Vibrating Systems”, Ph.D. Dissertation, Purdue University, Herrick Laboratories, USA, 1992.
- Vibro-Acoustic Sciences Limited, AutoSEA User Guide (Version V1.5), 1996.