This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Graduate Education in Manufacturing Engineering for the Automotive Industry of the Future
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 10, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the evolution of graduate education in manufacturing engineering and the curriculum needed to educate manufacturing engineers in the automotive industry. This paper examines the master's and doctoral curriculum in manufacturing engineering at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Finally, it proposes future direction for graduate education in manufacturing that will be needed for the automotive industry of the future.
CitationMallick, P., "Graduate Education in Manufacturing Engineering for the Automotive Industry of the Future," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1638, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1638.
- Ebner M. L. “Manufacturing Engineering in the USA: A Status Report” Manufacturing Education for the 21 st Century II Society of Manufacturing Engineers Dearborn 1995
- Schonberger R. J. World Class Manufacturing: The Next Decade The Free Press N.Y. 1996
- Underwood L. Intelligent Manufacturing Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. Wokingham, UK 1993
- Graduate Announcement The University of Michigan - Dearborn 1998
- Lorenz J. et al. “Graduation Education in Manufacturing Engineering” Manufacturing Education for the 21 st Century I Society of Manufacturing Engineers Dearborn 1995
- Termini M. J. The New Manufacturing Engineer Society of manufacturing Engineers Dearborn 1996
- Manufacturing Education Plan: Phase I Report The Society of Manufacturing Engineers Dearborn 1997
- “Modular Mania” Automotive Industries November 1998