This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of the First Unleaded Aviation Gasoline ASTM Specification
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) sponsored a Symposium entitled Future Fuels for General Aviation Intermittent Combustion Engines held on 29 June 1988, in Baltimore, Maryland. This event prompted the formation of an ASTM D02 Subcommittee J Section 2 Future Fuels For General Aviation Task Group , that successfully capped a ten year effort with the recent publication of ASTM D 6227-98 Standard Specification for Grade 82 Unleaded Aviation Gasoline .
This paper reflects on the Grade 82 UL Aviation Gasoline Specification development program[4,5], beginning with fundamental questions related to the quality of available feed stocks. It includes results of studies and tests undertaken by the Cessna Aircraft Company to demonstrate the feasibility of using the fuel described by the Specification in aircraft designed for its use. Additionally, it includes results of studies and tests undertaken at the request of ASTM D02 Subcommittee J on Aviation Fuels members during the Specification development process. [4,5]
|Future General Aviation Piston Engines and Fuels - An Integrated Approach
|The Multi-Fuel General Aviation Piston Engine
|Mutual Adaptation of Aircraft Fuels and Engines
CitationGonzalez, C. and Jesik, R., "Development of the First Unleaded Aviation Gasoline ASTM Specification," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1569, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1569.
- Strauss Kurt H. Gonzalez Cesar Future Fuels for General Aviation ASTM STP 1048. Papers presented at a symposium entitled Future Fuels for General Aviation Intermittent Combustion Engines held 29 June 1988 Baltimore, Maryland
- Gonzalez Cesar ASTM Activities Related to Future Fuels for General Aviation. SAE Technical Paper 911001
- Standard Specification for Grade 82 Unleaded Aviation Gasoline ASTM Designation: D6227-98 American Society For Testing and Materials.
- Grade 82 UL Aviation Gasoline Specification Background Information ASTM Committee D02 Research Report RR: D02 - 1427
- Complementary Fuel Volatility Background Information to ASTM Research Report D02-1427 Under review for approval as an ASTM Committee D02 Research Report
- Cesar Gonzalez and Richard Jesik Aviation Gasolines - A Candid Appraisal SAE AE-5 Committee Presentation Monterey, California October 1979
- Textron Lycoming Formal Report 3704 5 July 1995
- International Station Meteorological Climate Summary of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration U.S. Department of Commerce
- American Petroleum Institute (API) Technical Data Book August 1964