This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Interim Results from Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 03, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The objective of this project, which is supported by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) through the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), is to provide a comprehensive comparison of heavy-duty trucks operating on alternative fuels and diesel fuel. Data collection from up to eight sites is planned. Currently, the project has four sites: Raley's in Sacramento, CA (Kenworth, Cummins L10-300G, liquefied natural gas - LNG); Pima Gro Systems, Inc. in Fontana, CA (White/GMC, Caterpillar 3176B Dual-Fuel, compressed natural gas - CNG); Waste Management in Washington, PA (Mack, Mack E7G, LNG); and United Parcel Service in Hartford, CT (Freightliner Custom Chassis, Cummins B5.9G, CNG). This paper summarizes current data collection and evaluation results from this project.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Supportive Information Report for the Fuel Economy Measurement Test (Engineering Type) for Trucks and Buses|
|Technical Paper||The Automobile Engine 1920-1950|
|Technical Paper||NYSERDA AFV-FDP M85 Flexible Fuel Vehicle Fleet Operating Experience|
CitationChandler, K., Norton, P., and Clark, N., "Interim Results from Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1505, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1505.
- Project Guidelines Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project Battelle Columbus, Ohio 1998
- Chandler, K. Malcosky, N. Motta, R. Norton, P. Kelly, K. Schumacher, L. Lyons, D. Alternative Fuel Transit Bus Evaluation Program Results 961082 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1996
- Motta, R. Chandler, K. Schumacher, L. Clark, N. Alternative Fuel Transit Buses, Final Results from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Vehicle Evaluation Program National Renewable Energy Laboratory Golden, Colorado 1996
- Chandler, K. Malcosky, N. Motta, R. Kelly, K. Norton, P. Shumacher, L. Final Alternative Fuel Transit Bus Evaluation Results Battelle Columbus, Ohio 1996
- Chandler, K. Norton, P. Clark, N. Alternative Fuel Truck Evaluation Project - Design and Preliminary Results 981392 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1998
- Clark, N. Lyons, D. Rapp, B. Gautam, M. Wang, W. Norton, P. White, C. Chandler, K. Emissions from Trucks and Buses Powered by Cummins L-10 Natural Gas Engines 981393 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1998
- Telephone conversation with Kenworth in Seattle Washington July 1997
- Correspondence with Cummins Engine Company in Columbus Indiana October 1996
- Battelle Raley's LNG Truck Fleet, Start-Up Experience National Renewable Energy Laboratory Golden, CO 1997
- Clark, N. Messer, D. McKain, D. Wang, W. Bata, R. Gautam, M. Lyons, D. Use of the West Virginia University Truck Test Cycle to Evaluate Emissions from Class 8 Trucks 951016 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1995
- Gebert, K. Beck, J. Barkhimer, R. Wong, H. Wells, A. Development of Pilot Fuel Injection System for CNG Engine SAE International Warrendale, PA 1996
- Gebert, K. Beck, J. Barkhimer, R. Wong, H. Strategies to Improve Combustion and Emission Characteristics of Dual-Fuel Pilot-Ignited Natural Gas Engines 971712 SAE International Warrendale, PA 1997
- Battelle Dual-Fuel Truck Fleet, Start-Up Experience National Renewable Energy Laboratory Golden, CO 1998