This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
H-ISP - A Hybrid Inflator Simulation Program
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A hybrid-inflator simulation program, H-ISP, has been developed to facilitate the evaluation of hybrid inflators for airbag systems. Based on fundamental principles of species mass and energy conservation and gas dynamics, this program can simulate the complex thermo-chemical processes of a hybrid inflator, including solid propellant combustion, single-phase or two-phase flow, multiple chemical species with temperature- and composition-dependent thermal properties, and heat transfer phenomena. In this paper, we present the theory, computer program structure and usage of H-ISP with an example.
|Technical Paper||Advances in Analytical Modeling of Airbag Inflators|
|Technical Paper||Numerical Simulation of Passenger-Side Automotive Airbag Inflators|
|Technical Paper||A New CAL3D Airbag Inflation Model|
CitationKang, J. and Wang, J., "H-ISP - A Hybrid Inflator Simulation Program," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1069, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1069.
- Butler, P.B. Kang J. Krier H. 1993 “Modeling and Numerical Simulation of the Internal Thermochemistry of Automotive Airbag Inflators,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science 19 365 382
- Butler, P.B. Kang J. Krier H. 1993 “Numerical Simulation of a Pre-Pressurized Pyrotechnic Automotive Airbag Inflator,” Proc. of 5th International Conference of the Groupe de Travail de Pyrotechnie Strasbourg, France
- Butler, P.B. Kang J. Krier H. 1993 “Modeling Pyrotechnic Combustion in an Automotive Airbag Inflator,” Proc. of 5th International Conference of the Groupe de Travail de Pyrotechnie Strasbourg, France
- Chase, M.W. Davies, C.A. Downey, J.R. Frurip, D.J. McDonald, R.A. Syverud, A.N. 1985 “JANNAF thermochemical Tables,” 3rd American Chemical Society
- Hindmarsh, A.C 1980 “LSODE Software,” Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories Livermore, CA
- Kang, J. Wang, J.T. 1997 “ISP - An Airbag Inflator Simulation Program,” Proceedings of the 7th ASME Symposium on Crashworthiness, Occupant Protection, and Biomechanics in Transportation Anaheim, CA November 15-20 1998
- Kee, R.J. Miller, J.A. Jefferson, T.H. 1980 “CHEMKIN: A General-Purpose, Problem-Independent, Transportable, FORTRAN Chemical Kinetics Code Package,” Sadia National Laboratories Livermore, CA
- Rose, J. 1993
- Wang, J.T. 1989 “Recent Advances In Modeling Of Pyrotechnic Inflators For Inflatable Restraint Systems,” 106 13 89 93
- Wang, J.T. Nefske, D.J. 1988 “A New CAL3D Airbag Inflation Model,” SAE Transactions SAE Paper No. 880654