This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Smooth Gear Shift Control Technology for Clutch-to-Clutch Shifting
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An automatic transmission without a one-way clutch for a small sized, light weight automatic transmission is presented. The factor of torque fluctuation occurrence during shifting of the transmission increases so that the shifting is executed by controlling two wet clutches electronically in place of the one-way clutch and the wet clutch. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a new smooth gear shift control technology for clutch-to-clutch shifting on an automatic transmission without a one-way clutch. The control technology has desirable clutch-to-clutch shift control, learning control and robust control which apply to accurate signals obtained by an observation method. Smooth shifts during clutch-to-clutch shifting can be realized by recognizing clutch change-over time using a calculated acceleration and an input/output speed ratio of the transmission. Moreover, smooth shifting characteristics in the oil temperature range from 30 °C to 120 °C are obtained by using one robust controller.
CitationMinowa, T., Ochi, T., Kuroiwa, H., and Liu, K., "Smooth Gear Shift Control Technology for Clutch-to-Clutch Shifting," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1054, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1054.
- Usuki K. et al. The INVECS-II Electronically Controlled Automatic Transaxles for FWD Passenger Cars SAE Paper 960429 1996
- Ohashi T. et al. Development of an One-way Clutchless 4-speed Automatic Transmission JSAE Journal 51 9 1997
- Nozaki Y. et al. Development of Shift Control Technology for New Five-Speed Automatic Transmission JSAE Preceding Paper 982 135 138 1998
- Ochi T. et al Investigation of Clutch Pressure Control Method for Automatic Transmission Using Torque Estimation Technology JSME Preceding Paper 1998
- Minowa T. et al Smooth Gear Shift Control System Using Estimated Torque SAE Paper 941013 1994
- Minowa T. et al Smooth Torque Control System Using Differential Value of Shaft Speed SAE Paper 960431 1994
- Liu K. Z. et al Robust Control of a Flexible Arm Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics 6 3 1994