This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Safety of Mechatronic Control Systems for Hydromechanical Transmissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Modern vehicles have a number of safety systems, main of which are basic control systems - steering and braking systems.
Requirements to these systems, defined by the vehicles design safety, are regulated by the system of the international and national standards and rules.
Mechatronic control systems of the hydromechanical transmissions pertain to the “yongest” automotive systems, and questions dealing with their safety don't have yet the complete theoretical and normative base.
The connection between these mechatronic systems safety and their structure is investigated in this paper. The method of the safety analysis with help of the “refusal graphs” is proposed, which permits to bring out and to eliminate the possibility of the dangerous refusals capable to create the crash situations during automobile motion.
CitationKrasnevski, L., Vysotski, M., and Boikov, V., "The Safety of Mechatronic Control Systems for Hydromechanical Transmissions," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1049, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-1049.
- Karmel A.M. Dynamic modelling and analysis of the hydraulic system of the automotive automatic transmissions “Pros. Amer. Contr. Conf.,” Seattle, Wash. June 18-20 1986 1 Green Walley, Ariz. 273 278
- Transmission control system for construction machines Ohkura Y. Komatsu Ltd. Japan 22-th International Symposium “Automotive Technology and Automotive Parts May 1990
- An all-adaptive electronic four-speed transaxle Maurice Leisig Chrysler Corp. Automotive Technology International 1989
- Automatic transmission control for an automotive vehicle drive line having fail-safe logic Ford Motor Co.
- Logic valving for a transmission control May 9 1989 General Motors Corp.
- Manual device for detecting malfunction of solenoid valve Kabushiki Kaisha Komatsu
- Electronic Hydraulic transmission control system for off-highway hauling vehicles SAE Techn. Pap. Ser. 1985 7
- Snoy Joseph B. Engineering a 1350 HP Truck transmission SAE Techn. Pap. Ser. 1981 7
- Allison Manual-Electric control system. Service manual 1 March 1970 Detroit Diesel Allison Indianopolis. Indiana
- Systems analysis and design for safety. Safety systems engineering Brown David B. Auburn University Prentice - Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, New Jercey 1976
- Condom P. Engines for future combat aircraft: what's needed and what's achievable Interavia 1982 1050 1052
- Krasnevski L.G. Control of vehicles' multispeed hydromechanical transmissions Minsk, Nauka i technica 1990 256